Thoughts on this 1/5 scale

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boogyman1313

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So i have done some reading and its clear any and all should steer clear of red cat. With that being said whats everyones thoughts on the Losi 1/5 5IVE-T 4WD Off-Road Truck. I'm looking to buy it next month now i know it says off road but is it going to hurt it in any way if i run it on the road

Losi is one of the top RC brands and their 1/5 scale gassers are top notch. They say offroad because their suspension is designed to absorb the rough terrain, but it will have no problems running on the road.

If you're going to be running mostly on-road or smooth off-road (like low grass or packed dirt), you could look at their MINI WRC Rally Car.

So i have done some reading and its clear any and all should steer clear of red cat. With that being said whats everyones thoughts on the Losi 1/5 5IVE-T 4WD Off-Road Truck. I'm looking to buy it next month now i know it says off road but is it going to hurt it in any way if i run it on the road
I don't normally do this but i openly disagree with you and think you are talking out the part where you sit. Not because of the limited experience I've had with the rampage (all good so far) but because i too have done extensive research and have found opposite results. I also found most of the negative results were from those that didn't know what they were doing. Redcat entry level yes... Crap no.

I have seen personally far too many lesser known brands being tossed out because they can't find any replacement parts. I have also seen a LOT of clones of better known brands that have less durable copies of the parts found on the actual brand trucks/buggies.

Remember that you get what you pay for. I have heaped a ton of abuse on my HPI Baja-5b and have only broken an under tray piece when I hit a railroad rail.

Yeah so far to me losi is the way to go. i think I'm going to stick with the 5ive-T due to the fact that i will run it on all types of terrain. Warrior i should have worded it better since i have never owned one. I dont have any experience with redcat and only going off of what i wad reading.

It's all good. I just like irritating the anti Redcat guys. Oh wait that's the whole forum. Lol. Notice nobody says Redcat sucks because i owned such and such model and it did........ It's really as bad as politics and Haley Honda argument. The main thing is you enjoy the hobby.

No, its nothing like the harley/honda argument. Its more like the honda/import chinese scooter argument. I've had 2 redcat rigs many many years ago. Frustrated me to the point of almost giving up on the hobby before i found this place. While I'm not going to get into everything that was wrong with them, i have come to my own conclusion that they are cheap POS rigs with little factory support and almost no aftermarket support. At one point I had 4 very large hobby shops within 30 minutes of my house and all refused to carry redcat rigs or any parts because of how sketchy the manufacturer was with dealers.

many many years ago.

My experience with Traxxas has been the same as your experience with redcat many many years ago. Only mine was just a week ago when I had to replace a motor out of pocket on a brand new slayer pro after paying 40 dollars to ship the thing to them. Apples and Oranges fellas but don't brand bash off something that happened many many years ago or no personal experience. Comments like I won't go into what happened seems sketchy to me. It' just broke IDK why?! That one right there is my personal favorite. blah blah blah I have a Harley, you have a Honda. Whatever.

Last edited:
You can disagree all you want. You wanna be a redcat fanboy, thats awesome. It will not change my opinion on the company or their product as a whole.

You can disagree all you want. You wanna be a redcat fanboy, thats awesome. It will not change my opinion on the company or their product as a whole.
Fella I'm not trying to change your opinion per say. I'm asking you to have an open mind and stop hating on a company and product that you have only had experience with in their infancy a long time ago and no new knowledge on. Hate them if you want but maybe you could let others form their own opinion on current products.

Fella I'm not trying to change your opinion per say. I'm asking you to have an open mind and stop hating on a company and product that you have only had experience with in their infancy a long time ago and no new knowledge on. Hate them if you want but maybe you could let others form their own opinion on current products.

When people come onto a forum and ask for peoples opinion on a product, no matter how that opinion was formed, you seem to be the one who takes it personally when people talk about the inferior product that it is. So become a dealer or whatever you said you are going to do, but the collective mind of this forum who i gurantee has MUCH MUCH more experience with RC of any type or brand than you will stand by their points made on the brand.

My question is: If Redcat is such a good brand, why aren't more major dealers and websites carrying it? And why aren't there more aftermarket parts for them?

My question is: If Redcat is such a good brand, why aren't more major dealers and websites carrying it? And why aren't there more aftermarket parts for them?
My belief is because they have a bad rep from attitudes such as seen in these posts. I also believe in there infancy they were not great quality. But there are tons of videos of people who love their Redcat. Some are old. There are videos after owning them awhile. I see no real difference between them and traxxas or hpi other than the cheap little plastic parts traxxas sells are mass sold at every hobby store around. And mostly what i see on this forum is basing from people that have only owned a single vehicle from a long time ago or no experience with them at all. Either way it doesn't matter. I'll shut up now. I'll probably go find a more red cat friendly forum. Nothing worse than a guy buying a truck and going to a forum and instantly told by everybody what a piece of crap he bought. It would sway the opinion of a lot of folks. Eh whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back