Think I have a Savage XL 5.9, got a few questions!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogyman1313

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello to all Ok lets jump right in here 2 days ago i traded some guy an extra PS4 i had for 3 rc cars 2 electric and one nitro and a ton of parts some new some used now i think i have a savage Xl 5.9 but not to sure i do know she needs one hell of a cleaning but i was wondering if someone could help me out here now i have not heard it run due to i got it with no glow plug in it and she sure was filthy i didnt want to chance it for that reason and some others second reason is the engine moves around a bit i made sure it was all tight and it is but yet it still moves the third reason is I'm not sure how to start it lol i thought maybe it was roto start and still might be but i didnt get the starter and looking at the back of the engine there is a shaft but i can pull it out and put it back in is this normal ok I'm going to post some pics again dont be alarmed its very dirty and was not taken care of by previous owner
IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg

IMG_4164.jpg

IMG_4167.jpg

IMG_4168.jpg

Looks like you are missing the backplate for the engine.

Yeah, your missing the housing that your owb goes into. I'm not overly familiar with that engine, but if you can pull that shaft out, it may have dropped a spring/pin inside the engine that you will need to put back properly by taking the backplate off the engine and then getting the proper roto-start/pull-start housing for it.

Back