THE SPAWN.. COUPLE PICS OF THE 5B(revised)

• Thread starter itsalifeworthliving
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsalifeworthliving

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
just a couple pics with the new pipe, "spawn" wing, spark plug cover and roof plate.. i made them all out of clear poly useing a heat gun and dremel. the wing and spark plug cover are alittle over 1/4" thick. my 5b is hardly ever on its roof, so it should last a while.. kept me busy all day, wich is just what i needed.. i'll have some "car chasing" vids up soon.. that pipe is SIK!!
newjetpro002.jpg

a little airbrushing
revised5bwithjetproSPAWN002.jpg

SPAWN OF ?
revised5bwithjetproSPAWN010.jpg

MY NEW JETPRO.. LOVIN IT!!
revised5bwithjetproSPAWN007.jpg

revised5bwithjetproSPAWN013.jpg

WoW!! really nice!! WATCH OUT, you got a cigarette burning in the ashtray!!

absolutely beautiful. Custom fab is ALWAYS better than say a 500 billet bolt on wing, in my opinion. It's not about the price, it's about the blood sweat and tears that you put into it along with your self expression. That's why lessen's builds are always some of my favorite ones to keep up with, along with NC's tuber. It's not about how much money they spend on "popular" parts, it's about the work they put into something to make it look better or go faster while rebelling away from the trend of spending money on crap cuz it's "cool" ok, I'm done ranting, but once again beautiful fab job!

Did you make those parts from Lexan? How did you mold em like that? SWEET...

its probably a plexi glass, which is acrylic based. and it only takes a good heat gun to bend it.

looking great btw.

Have you run it with the pipe yet?

yes i have..it is !!SOO LOUD!!.. it has the same amount of bottom end torque, but the top end is disturbingly fast. the top end power band is soo much better then my stock "lawn mower" can

Have you run an SS pipe? I'm wondering how it will compare with the SS pipe, so I don't spend the money on something that will not be a lot different from what I have.

i was origanily gona get the hpi pipe, but got a better deal on the jetpro.. check out the dyno tests done by luni.. your pipe is better then mine. but i was running the stock can. hpi did a good job on that pipe..
http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10283&highlight=pipe+dyno
sorry. it wont let me post from another site
stock can is 2.08 hp
hpi tuned pipe is 2.46 hp
and jetpro is 2.34 hp
the dom. is the best at a wapping 3.15 hp..
all test were done on a stock 23cc and also list the torque specs.. its crazy that you can get over 1 i full hp just fron the dom..

Last edited:
The dom. sounds like a crazy pipe!!
love the wing.. you did an awesome job on it!!