The Completed Basement\RC\Theater Room Pics!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

Here are the pics of the completed basement. We are still waiting on the entertainment center to arrive from backorder, and the pendant lights over the bar which are not available yet, and some bar stools. We hope to look for those on Friday morning. We are so excited to finally be able to use this space. We have moved everything downstairs and are finally able to use the three rooms upstairs! Of course now that we have those rooms clear, we can start painting and organizing those rooms..... Just when we thought it was over! LOL Well here are the pics... Enjoy!

100_1324.jpg

100_1325.jpg

The bar top my father and I made without the stain or grout

100_1365.jpg

The completed bar

100_1361-1.jpg

The disputed "Storage Room"

100_1364.jpg

The seating

100_1362.jpg

The view from the seating... minus the entertainment center... I kind of have a makeshift setup until the real deal is delivered.

100_1367.jpg

The view of the future expansion, diecast display case and the bath and RC rooms.

100_1335.jpg

Another diecast display case

100_1368.jpg

100_1369.jpg

100_1371.jpg

100_1372.jpg

The RC room! Woot!

Well that is pretty much it for now. We are almost there. Hopefully we will have the missing furniture and a decorated basement here soon. We have to hang some pictures and stuff like that, but all in all this is what it will look like. I am so thrilled to have this finally done! April til now. It is also nice to have a great family like RCNT to share it all with. Take care guys.... Monday night footbat is about to start... and the new HD dish is in place. Talk to you later.

Tom

Awesome.

You need shelving above those workbenches. It will give you much needed storage space since your wife owned you.:hehe:

Here are the pics of the completed basement. We are still waiting on the entertainment center to arrive from backorder, and the pendant lights over the bar which are not available yet, and some bar stools.

Just me, or is this statement an oxymoron (look it up, Beason)?

Brother, AWESOME looking basement! That bar area looks terrific and with some nice stools and the lights, should be killer. The bar top especially looks great, super job!

I tell ya, that storage space you and your woman are bickering over is HUGE! I'll bet dollars to doughnuts, some creative organizing and you each could store an elephant in there.

Like Howard Hughes said, "It's all about engineering."

Beautiful basement! Congratulations and enjoy that sucker!

Looks great man... I'm jealous...
Time to sell the R/C's and build an extension... lol

Thanks guys.... it is definately come along way. Hey Rob... you are right.. shelves would make a difference... and yes my wife does own me..... what can I say.. I am :whip: LOL

Hey MW... I think you are right.... it is an oxymoron.... Sometimes my I type faster than I think.... well ok most of the time! LOL

The wife and I have realized there is more than enough space to go around and have since made up. In fact we still have shelf space left after all of that arguing, and we are finished unpacking everything. Kinda funny now that you look at it.

The bar top does look awesome.. thank you... my pop and I spent three weekends building that. It was alot of fun.. alot of work but alot of fun and we can always look back on it and say we did that.

Imbroken... I couldn't have planned any better had it not been for your advice on how to set it all up.. as well as everyone else who lent an idea. Alot of what you see is configured that way because of your ideas and suggestions. I owe it to all of you guys at RCNT.... Thanks a million.... to steal a line from an old movie.... "The Bar is open!" You guys are all invited!

Tom

Last edited:
"The Bar is open!" You guys are all invited!
LOL what would you do if 100 members showed up at your door?

Very nice Man..I hope to have a Rc room some day...
If the wife would move her stuff out of my room.

ZANDOR said:
LOL what would you do if 100 members showed up at your door?

Very nice Man..I hope to have a Rc room some day...
If the wife would move her stuff out of my room.

I would be surprised if 100 members even know who I am.... even better yet 100 members of which I am in good standing.... :cheerful:

...but, if 100 members showed up at my door, they would all be welcome.

At first I had the whole basement to do with as I pleased.... then it was down to just the RC room. LOL kinda funny how it worked out that way. Thank you again my friend.

Tom

Where is the stripper pole?!?!?!

Congrats on the new basement Tom. Looks AWESOME!

Everything looks awesome Tom, Well worth the wait. You will get an enormous amount of enjoyment out of everything there. Nice Job!

sweetdiesel said:
Where is the stripper pole?!?!?!

Congrats on the new basement Tom. Looks AWESOME!

Thanks man... The stripper pole is on back order.....:hmm1:

Thanks Nvnitro... I hope I get many many years of enjoyment out of it. I am extreamly lucky in alot of ways in my life that is for sure. My wife being the best... I think she would have killed me though if this basement took any longer... I was starting to drive her nuts! LOL

Tom

Very nice Tom! Bar needs more booze though, especially if I show up! :beer: I got a really nice diecast collection I can sell ya too to fill up that curio.:hehe:

Holy crap tom,I expected to see handheld t.v,couple of milk crate's and empty budwieser's,You've suprised me. Now I'm jealous. Ya know,I'm thinking you could fit 100 sleeping bag's in the basment......

That is sweet Bro!
Wish my upstairs had that much room and looked that good. My old coal miner shack needs a lot of TLC. All I have managed to do this year was to put a roof on. I'll evenually get more.

I'll be one of the 100 members that show up. Got a bunch of dollar bills stashed away that the 'ol lady doesn't know about...

Let me know when the stripper pole is in.

Thats a very nice basement, I want one!

WOW...thats all i can say. it looks amazing. congrats and throw a few back for us less fortunate...

Hey Guys,

Thanks guys for the compliments. I am very lucky that's for sure. I never thought I would ever be fortunate enough to actually have a functioning basement. I had to sell my house to finace it, but so far it was well worth it. I was able to save a little for a rainy day, but a good chunck of it went to the basement. Man I would love to have a bash down there with all of you. If I could get my father-in-law to let me put a track somewhere on his 400 acres we could have an RCNT bash!

Sometimes I question wether or not it was all worth it. This basement has caused alot of tension between me and the new bride. This project has dominated my time, and my mind these last few months, and now that we can actually get things going I have seemed to kick it into high gear. I have been up until at least midnight every night on the weekends working on getting this thing complete. I think this basement is a sore subject with the wife. I hope I can get this resolved with her. I am trying to find a stopping point, but so far I always seem to find something else to do.

Anywho.... back to the topic.

Hey Jet... we have plenty of booze actually... I just had to put it under the bar in the cabinet and up above the bar in the two small cabinets. I was hoping to have nice glass shelves to put it all on, but we had to scale the bar down quite a bit.... custom cabinets are expensive! I will have plenty when you guys stop by.

Hey Dig... I tried to sell the stripper pole to the wife... even showed her the instructional video that is on the Ebay site...... no go. I will keep trying though!

Hey Got Nitro.... my old house kinda looked like that alot! LOL the furniture was from like 1972... but it worked!, and I always had plenty of beer. Unfortunately.... when I got married... it all got dumped. Good times man... good times!

Take care guys.

Tom

NIIIICCCE!!!!!!!!!

I like the central heat/air vent right at the build table. Keeps you from passing out on those late night painting sessions.

But, just for giggles, open the safe and let's see the hardware inside!

Hey Bro, kick back and relax a bit now. Spend some time with the family. Looks like you deserve it. There is always going to be something to work on.
Don't let it get between you and her. Life is too short.

I would like to see a little of the hardware too.
Nice safe.

Looks good dude, but with a basement like that, whatta ya need the upstairs for? That place is gonna bring you a lot of new memories for sure!!! Congrats and enjoy! :clap:

Back