Team Losi LST2 Overheating

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allgood_73

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey Guys,
I just bought my first RC truck last Friday and decided to go with a slightly used Team Losi LST2 truck thats heavily upgraded. Everything works on it and it runs great... until it overheats. I have been told to run it around 240 degrees, but it quickly reaches 270-290 and I turn it off.

I KNOW THE FIRST INSTINCT IS TO SAY THE CARB PINS ARE SET TOO LEAN, BUT THEY'RE NOT. I have the carb settings to run VERY rich (almost all the way flush) in an attempt to keep it cool. I have been told to replace the o-rings in the carb. because a leak could cause it to run lean. Is this true? Any other suggestions?

I bought a o-ring replacement kit and am awaiting arrival... but once it comes, I don't know how to replace the bottom seals... only the high, low, and ideal. I tried searching for a YouTube video to show a full replacement, but couldn't find any. Do any of you know of a nice tutorial?

Thanks,
Dustin

1) Check for anything binding in the drivetrain.
2) The truck should roll a good few feet when shoved with the engine off and brakes not applied.
3) Check your spur/bell gear mesh as well. If it's too tight, it will overwork the engine.
4) Check your slipper. If it's slipping too much, it will allow the engine to overrev which makes them run hot.
5) Check your CB shoes for excessive wear or shiny'ness. If they are shiny, rough them up with some sand paper. If they are alloy, check them for burrs that may be hanging them up.
6) The fuel primer is well known for leaks after a while. Most remove it and epoxy/RTV the plunger hole shut. The o-rings on the plunger are also known to degrade over time and cause clogging in the fuel filter or carb (if filter is missing), so check the filter screen for bits of o-ring.

Or, is it getting that hot that quick just at idle? If it is, then you have to have an air leak somewhere in your engine or fuel delivery. Would suspect #6 for causing this too.

Back