Subaru Rally Blue?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahr43

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Which of the below Tamiya rattle-can blues come closest to matching the blue Subaru uses on its rally cars?

PS-4 Blue
PS-16 Metal Blue
PS-30 Brilliant Blue
PS-59 Dark Metallic Blue

Think Kevin (aka Brandon's RC) did a Subaru in blue but cannot recall the thread. Thanks. 'AC'

Find a Tamiya Subaru manual

Which of the below Tamiya rattle-can blues come closest to matching the blue Subaru uses on its rally cars?

PS-4 Blue
PS-16 Metal Blue
PS-30 Brilliant Blue
PS-59 Dark Metallic Blue

Think Kevin (aka Brandon's RC) did a Subaru in blue but cannot recall the thread. Thanks. 'AC'
Hey, @WickedFog !

Thanks for the replies and links guys. RCT gang comes through again. PS-16 it is. Backed w/silver seems the link recommendations. Have a can and a half of PS-12 Silver. That should meet the back-up need.

Be shooting it inside on the Arrma Senton [clear] Short Course body. Never painted a SC body. Three 100ml cans enough? Or will it take four? Be using window mask, so won't need coverage for those areas.

Cheers. 'AC'

The guy I watch that does all the Tamiya builds did a Subaru WRX with PS-16. It looked a lot like Subaru's blue metallic, but I would probably back it with PS-35, just to add a little depth to it. As you can see, they have used lots of blues, so dealers choice here. At least they look a little different to me.
sti-promo.jpg

https___hypebeast.com_image_2019_04_subaru-spain-says-farewell-to-the-wrx-sti-with-8-final-edi...jpg

images (4).jpeg

2018-subaru-wrx-4wd-sedan-angular-front.png

Three can should be more than enough. I did this with 1.5 cans. (FF to me painting the blue BMW w PS-16)

Back