STP fuel system cleaner for Nitro?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3_Stroke_Motor

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Just a crazy idea... could we treat a gallon of nitro fuel with STP Fuel Injector cleaner and have it clean a nitro engine? Or would that foul up the gas and the glow plug?

NO NO NO. STP has zinc it. DO NOT RUN ZINC through a 2 stroke engine. check out zinc in oil at this site. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

use only 2 stroke oil, or maybe marvel mystery oil, but not much. MMO will not lube a hot 2 stroke it might clean. just use MMO for after run oil.

Last edited:
wasn't planning on using till I figured out if it was safe, thanks. I use zinc additives in my oil in my '99 jeep wrangler because it has a zinc coated camshaft. So I have alot of this sitting around as well as the fuel injector cleaner.

The only thing you should treat a gallon of rc fuel with is proper storage.

to 3 stroke if you have a chrysler trans go get this, an external fluid filter. auto zone 2210, magna-fine oil filter, its a 3/8 tube size. for other brands, wix 58964 5/16 tube size. be sure to use high pressure hose, and flair the tubing , or double or triple hose clamps. use ONLY steel tubing if you have to add tubing, but you shouldnt.

to 3 stroke if you have a chrysler trans go get this, an external fluid filter. auto zone 2210, magna-fine oil filter, its a 3/8 tube size. for other brands, wix 58964 5/16 tube size. be sure to use high pressure hose, and flair the tubing , or double or triple hose clamps. use ONLY steel tubing if you have to add tubing, but you shouldnt.

I actually use sythetic diesel oil (Rotella) for my oil and purolator high mileage filter . Its for diesel but it has a lot of those good additives in it, like zinc. And of course I treat a tank of fuel every month with STP injector cleaner. It keeps my precious gas guzzling strait 6 in good working order.

i use Valvoline premium blue , diesel engine oil. 15w-40. it is the factory fill for the dodge Cummins diesel. it VERY much like your oil, both VERY good. allso check out, http://www.zddplus.com/ ,,,,,, and marvel mystery oil. it goes in gasoline, keeps every thing clean, with out solvents. solvents as a cleaner will let the parts ware. MMO has some lubing quality. the ZDDPLUS has even more zinc. red line engine oil, break-in additive, has lots of zinc allso.

Gasoline and diesel both have solids in them, so injectors will not get clogged.
Seafoam is the best for removing carbon deposits from the valves and combustion chambers, but on an electronically controlled injected engine it's only needed about once every 50,000 miles.
On an old carbureted engine you can't beat some water poured in the intake at 3,000 rpm right before an oil change.

Last edited:
Gasoline and diesel both have solids in them, so injectors will not get clogged.
Seafoam is the best for removing carbon deposits from the valves and combustion chambers, but on an electronically controlled injected engine it's only needed about once every 50,000 miles.
On an old carbureted engine you can't beat some water poured in the intake at 3,000 rpm right before an oil change.

No, they wont get clogged but if its dirty or has some gummed fuel in it, it can reduce the fogging effect that the fuel injector does with the fuel and can cause inefficient combustion and lower gas mileage. I live way back in the boonies and about 50 percent of my commuting is done on dirt roads and occasionally I will have to go mud bogging so, I change oil every 2 months or 3000 miles just to be safe. I like to treat the fuel to be sure and drop the fuel tank and clean clean my tank out every year before winter because of the dust that can get into the tank when I fill up. The only thing worse would be living in a desert area and having sand storms all the time.

---------- Post added at 9:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:23 PM ----------

Did I say "have" to go mud bogging? I meant "get" to go mud bogging.

Back