stock savage transmitter/reciver

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hlddrum

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have the stock transmitter and stock reciver that comes with the savage x 4.6 rtr i got it from a friend in bad shape got new parts and got it running i have two issues 1 I'm only getting about 30 yards if that range so my question is do i opt in to a new trnasmitter/revicer or 2 do i rebind the stock one i have the person i got it from knew nothing about rc's when he bought it and jacked the orginanl engine on his first run lol second problem is i can not get the new engine i got to just ideal at a stand still thanks

The stock Savage radio gear is pretty much useless in my opinion. Go with something like a Futaba 3PL for a much better radio system.

Depending on your budget you can get a new receiver off of Ebay or get a brand new receiver/transmitter from Ebay as well. You could also send the receiver into HPI for a repair. Chances are the wire got damaged and that's why you have a loss in reception. I run the stock HPI radio gear in my Savage XL and my HPI Baja with no issues with plenty of run time on both. You need to lean out the mixture and tune the engine to stop the engine from stalling. Here's a sticky on how to do that:

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60832

Back