Spektrum DX4C, AVC technology for nearly any RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
spektrum-dx4c.png

The Spektrum DX4C transmitter and SR4210 receiver combo brings you a 2.4GHz radio with the all new DSMR equipped SRS4210 receiver with patent-pending AVC (Active Vehicle Control). The Spektrum DX4C is a 4 channel radio to operate throttle, steering, and AVC technology separately. The first two channels operate steering and throttle while the second two manage AVC steering and throttle augmentation. By having two channels dedicated to managing AVC technology, users can adjust the steering and throttle elements independently of the other for more refined tuning to meet demands of any surface...

Click to continue

Meh, the tech is cool, but I'm not a fan of it myself, but to each their own. I also feel that it should not be allowed in racing, as it will provide an unfair advantage. For the record, I feel the same way about 1:1 racing (mainly F1 and motoGP), and I've said it many times here on the site. I feel that all the electronics have diluted the talent pool somewhat, and that the racing is not as exciting to watch anymore either.

Isn't this the system that comes with the vaterra monster truck?

As far as I know this system is not allowed in racing as I seen in their own sales videos.

I think this system will be in all of the new vaterra trucks soon.

I have been thinking about one of my lighter trucks to give it a try, but the reciver is about $100can.

The RX was priced at $59.99 on Horizon a few days ago and it was listed as a pre-order.