So, what's the deal on E-Maxx's?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevoME

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi Gang,

I'm struggeling with my E-Maxx Purchase.
Talking to a few people having them for sale, some outrageously overpriced, some dirtcheap, but nothing perfect, or even good.
Some have a somewhat good truck, but can't communicate what comes with it... example below:

Question from me: "So what exactly will I need to purchase to make this a RTR, and could you please send me some pictures showing the whole truck and everything that comes with it?

Answer:" Ya'll need 2 or 4 stockshocks (dunno) batteries and charger, bout the rest, have no clue what ya'r talking bout. Lemme kno (no pics where sent...)

ROFLMAO! Seriously, I am feeling triggered to buy new, used appears hard to find at best. I am not complaining, whining, or anything, the conversation did not even happen here.
Are they that hard to get, or is it just wiser to go for something different? If so, what would you recommend, for bashing, high torgue, fast, that can be had, for less than say 250?. And how are you guys doing with your Stampedes?

Thanks!

You know what you could have done i keep you 2.5 and convert it to elictric using the Gorilla Maxx kit. I have the mag with the conversion in it and it was pretty sick. He ran a brushless setup and throwing around better lap times than the gas revo's. Just a thought, pluse you would be the only one with one and that tight right there. And i dont think you have to go brushless either, but I'm not shure on that one.

Bryson

Traxxas ended up recalling their E-maxx's for a few months, That is why they have been damn hard to find, Just within the last 2 months have they become available.

Stampedes are cool, but they are only so adjustable and they are only 2 wheel drive. Plus their are tons of upgrade parts for the E-maxx. I would go with an e-maxx between the 2.

Traxxas ended up recalling their E-maxx's for a few months, That is why they have been damn hard to find, Just within the last 2 months have they become available.

Stampedes are cool, but they are only so adjustable and they are only 2 wheel drive. Plus their are tons of upgrade parts for the E-maxx. I would go with an e-maxx between the 2.

Thanks Tarant & above, I have something cooking on that Revo, I don't want to sink 350 bucks into it just to have it E-Revo... don't know, if it won't go away I can still do that in the fall.

Just need something to beat around the house, mostly hard packed dirt & dust... without waking the neighbors daughters... LOL

Hi Gang,

I'm struggeling with my E-Maxx Purchase.
Talking to a few people having them for sale, some outrageously overpriced, some dirtcheap, but nothing perfect, or even good.

You can expect to pay $230.00 plus shipping and up for a good condition rtr E Maxx...Unless you get lucky. It has always been this way with the E-Maxx, I never understood why they go for so much used when you can buy them new for $300.00 shipped.

I've been thinking that after I get this Revo done, I will do a custom E-maxx build. They are pretty killer, especially with the brushless kits out there.

Nope, not stuck... at all, jusy looked into them and liked them. I'll go and shop for new from now on, just dropped a line about "outter space sellers" LOL

List right now:

Tamiya Subaru Kit (need to do something) so I preordered one.
Traxxas Rustler... cheap fun to beat up in the driveway :)
Don't like the Savage's, unless they are members here and their real name is Savage, these I like :)
Another thing of interest would be to take on the E-Revo, I'll spend a lot of money on "brakefillers" so I may as well drop 350 bucks into a decent E-Revo... Dunno. I'll surely smoke that 2.5R engine (i"m tired of it!!!), and then upgrade to a 3.3. Had the 2.5 Engine apart today and sealed it all up, last chance little motor, the next shutoff is not introduced by me :eek:)))

My wife forcefully removed me from a Monster FG they have at the LHS, she knows that my checks don't bounce... so she showed me something "real important" and by the time we left, I had forgotten to look some more... Huh!?
So Eddy, you got yourself a NEAT SHIP THERE!!!