screws vibrate loose

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waggy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have a kyosho gx .12 engine and the screws keep vibrating loosing meaning i can only drive the car for around 5mins.

i've tried lock-tight on them in but they just keeping coming back out

any suggestions as to how i can get the screws to stay?

thanks
waggy

Which screws?

If they are the engine mounting screws, you should be using a split washer along with loctite if threaded into aluminum. Also, you need to let the loctite cure for at least 24 hours before use.

ok thanks,

should i put the split washer by the bolt or on the other side of the side of the chassis (right next to the engine)?

waggy

Last edited:
ummmm the ultra gel stuff atm.

but i have tried araldite on there and that didn't hold it :(

ok thanks,

should i put the split washer by the bolt or on the other side of the side of the chassis (right next to the engine)?

waggy

This is why I wanted to know which bolts are loosening.

The bolts that mount the engine to the mounts should have a split washer under the head.

Whether you can use a split washer for the bolts that mount the engine mounts to the chassis will depend on what this is going in. If it's a flat head mounting bold then you are stuck with only using loctite.

Photo0008-1.jpg

I'm having problems with the back 2.

Photo0010.jpg

the bolts that i have on there

Ahhh.

Nylock nuts wear out over time. You should replace them with new ones. That is probably your problem.

the actual screw bit has fallen out tho

Photo0009.jpg

Is it a threaded stud into the engine case?

Can I see a pic of the side of the case?

what about using a small amount of red loctight?

Photo0011.jpg

is that the pic you wanted to see?

Last edited:
If it's a threaded stud into the engine case, I would clean out the threaded hole as best you can with motor spray and do the same with the threaded stud. You need to make sure both the hole and stud is clean and dry. Since the stud should not come out anyway, I would then use red loctite on the stud into the block.

That bent stud isn't looking good either. You may want to consider replacing it.

my granddads friend taped it with a bigger thread because it was originally falling out not the back one, and it could only go in like that.

it is a threaded stud.

thanks for all your help. :D

i'll let you know whether it works or not :D

Back