Savage Warranty IS A JOKE

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bplakers

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I sent in my truck around beginning of jan took about 3 weeks to get it back. Got it back its in worse shape than it was when I sent it in. Box was all beat up. Truck looked like it'd been put through H***. Some of the marks on it couldnt of came from box getting beat up. One of the tires is just flopping there. Scratched my rims all up what used to be chrome is now white. Shocks bent missing bolts:angry::angry::angry:!!!!! First rig I bought brand new I know its gona get scratched up but I'd like to be the one to break it and scratch it not warranty @ HPI. Body was cracked up broke roto start had dirt packed in around shocks and on front where it did a nose dive. Hadn't even had a quart through it. It was about spotless except for the header which I couldnt get cleaned.

Hpi is going to send me replacement parts everything I sent em pics of. What I'm more concerned about is my motor trans whats gona break when I get the new parts from them. Hard telling what was done to it out there. I know they know what they are doing but after getting this back in condition its in makes me wonder what was done to it.

That's why I do all my work myself. I don't figure warranty from any manufacturer is worth much wether it be HPI, Traxxas, or any of them. You're much better off doing the work yourself because then you know exactly what has been done and who is responsible. Why did you send the truck in for in the first place?

It wouldn't shift out of first gear. Just got through break in had few tanks through it wouldn't leave 1st gear after that. Sent it in they said was just a bad shift point. Which something else had to go wrong for it to get that bad I'd think. If you can have full throttle and it not leave first when it was before.

That does suck real bad, sorry to hear that. Like cwal said though, it is just better to do the work your self if possible. Its not as overwhelming as it might seem at first.

Ya I'd just bought it new and was like well they have the warranty they can do it. Won't do that again. Prolly why they screw em up so they dont have to do warranty work on them.

O it gets better. To get the parts to fix it I have to send it back in now.

This forum is here to help. A shift point is a very simple adjustment so you should have asked here first rather than send it in.
I'm guessing it took a guy just under a minute to make the adjustment, then he took it out in the parking lot for testing and beat it to death during his lunch hour.

Well the motor would rev up to full throttle just wouldn't get out of 1st. Was shifting fine just before. I just figured something shucked in the trans.

Anyone know of a good way to trash a motor without it voiding the warranty? Since it's going to cost me 2 months of play time with it might as well cost them a new motor since I'm about 99.9% sure someone out there gave it he**. It's just really starting to pi** me off....

It wouldn't do you any good. The last time I tried to get an engine warrantied they told me it was a consumable item and therefore wasn't covered by the so called warranty.

Anyone know of a good way to trash a motor without it voiding the warranty? Since it's going to cost me 2 months of play time with it might as well cost them a new motor since I'm about 99.9% sure someone out there gave it he**.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I would've spoken to a supervisor and basically demanded they simply ship the necessary parts to you after you email them good pictures of the condition of the truck and questionable damage. Somebody needs to realize you have a right to question how they will handle your truck a 2nd time... Did you speak to a customer service tech before you sent it in? There's really no reason for you to have sent in an entire truck for a shifting adjustment. If you spoke to somebody over the phone they should've been able to walk you through it over the phone.

^^ Agreed. I would never send a whole rig back to the manufacturer for any reason.

Youp I spoke to customer service by pushing number 2. They said to send it in. Was pretty persistant with shipping it in. Never had one do that to me before by just goin full throttle and not shiftn figured hey i just bought it send it in.

Called back & emaild was pretty pd off they're going to ship the parts to me to fix it...Wait and see when it gets here...missing bolts that wasn't missing before I shipped it to them.

Dont want to completely slam hpi because box was messed up when it got here. But that's on fed ex or hpi not me. If was a problem with it I'm sure they would have contacted me as soon as they opened it. But some of wounds are road rash not box gets a few dents in it messed up.

Is it possible that they could have gotten your truck mixed up with someone else's, makes me wonder how they keep up with who's truck is who's, you know they have more than one truck in the shop at a time, serial numbers???

Ya I know that but dont think my receipt has serial number on it and i was to stupid to write em b4 I sent it in.

Back