revo-slayer tranny difference

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenman242

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so i got some more parts last night one of which was the slayer gear set to convert a spare revo trans to cut down my costs but i have now found out that there are 2 different tranny cases 5391r is the slayer case and 5391x is for the revo.When i tried to install the slayer equiped gear set into the original case (5391x)the primary output gear,which is bigger on the slayer doesn't fit in the box,which has lead to more delays in this build so i'd thought i would share this with anybody atemping the same thing i was

Good info, i thought they would be the same.

The slayer is geared higher as well.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I think I like spending money or I'm real impatient, so I ordered the slayer case online but got bored at work this morning and started ringing the hobby shops around perth and after the 6th one I finnally called my preferred hobby shop and concieded that no one one Australia has or wants to sell a slayer or parts for one but had some success with the last one who were stripping an original slayer they couldnt sell and had the tranny plus the left over parts.so grand total was 50 for the trans with slipper and brakes and another 20 for a small box of bits
on a funny note one of the shops I called said they had a slayer pro they couldnt get rid of for a great price of 850 , wonder why eh, he recons he keen to sell it as it has been sitting there for nearly 2 years think its gonna be sitting there for a little while longer too

Back