Review: JAG RC nitrous kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GilBeQuick

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
The latest issue of Xtreme RC Cars did a full review on the nitrous kit.
Basically they said it was very inconsistent, leaned the engine out, caused horrible detonation, blew plugs, and your needle settings were nothing but a crap-shot-in-the-dark. It's all experimentation with needle settings, what plug works the best, when to kick in the nitrous, how much flow of nitrous, etc etc.
But, on the positive side, when they did get it to work for a couple of runs it did gain a whopping 2mph on the top-end.

BTW this was all done on a brand new Sportmaxx with the 2.5 engine.

Originally posted by GilBeQuick
needle settings were nothing but a crap-shot-in-the-dark.

BTW this was all done on a brand new Sportmaxx with the 2.5 engine.

From what I've read and seen locally, I don't think the nitrous affected much of anything.

Nitrous will only increase top speed when used with the propper gearing.

Putting a nitrous kit in the hands of someone who doesn't understand it, will result in the above mentioned results for sure.

Those nitrous kit suck! All they do is gain bearly anything and mess up your motor. Why waste money on something that is going to mess up your motor and make you pay more money for a new mill.

paslode cells 4 nail guns might work

Wow..... almost 7 years old............. leave it alone.......

WHy in the hell would you try to use nail gun cartridges in in RC? Do you even know what the propellant is? The point was injecting anything....NOS or the stupid superchargers are a waste of time and money. Learn to tune one and they will do you just fine. Oh yeah....whole crap that was a dusty thread!

My God, who gave Jamie98000 the shovel to dig this thread up! :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.