Rb innovations supercharger for xl?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cole81

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a savage xl with a rb innovations supercharger kit. I have heard and read mixed results and opinions? What are your thoughts? I am also looking at the nos kit for them. Does anyone know if this mod is possible?
Cheers

No and no. Use the search feature on the site and you will get all the info you need.

Horrible idea.

Big waste of money

Stupidchargers are the single biggest waste of money you can put on an RC. That are completely non-functional and ruin the engine in the process. I wish RB Inno would go out of bussiness so they would stop selling those things. Trade it for a good tuned pipe and you will be much better off.

Fair enough. What about the nos kits are they any good? Can you adapt them with the supercharger kit?

No and no. Use the search feature on the site and you will get all the info you need.

Please follow this advice. This subject has been beat to death, and I cringe every time I see yet another super charger thread. :\

Even those who did not take the advice given had to learn the hard way that these items are not worth the material they are made from.

No more stupid-charger threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont use a charger, and dont use nos, END OF STORY

u want more power

BUY A BIGGER ENGINE period, end of discussion

there is no replacement for displacement

I bet the person who started this thread feels like a dum@$$ now, sorry but every on laugh's at supercharges and nos because its a joke for rc's

Which engine would you recommend revo rob?

Nah don't feel like a dumb ass mate. Only being new to the rc scene I joined forums like this to become more informed and learn more about my hobby. Believe it or not I actually have I life that doesn't evolve around toy cars and dissing people over the Internet. Maybe you should try it some time.

Last edited:
Could we maybe get congreess to pass a law against manufacturing super chargers for rc nitro engines.LOL

I bet the person who started this thread feels like a dum@$$ now, sorry but every on laugh's at supercharges and nos because its a joke for rc's

Sorry about that post, Cole81.

duramax47, we're here to help the new members, NOT to insult them. There was a time when you wondered about the same thing, so lighten up.

Cole for the money the two most powerful engines I have ran are the LRP .30 and Picco P3 .28. Both engines are animals....tons of torque and top end speed. Easy to tune and just all around good engines. NOS is another that is just not really worth the money paid either....gain "can" be made with NOS but not worth the beating the engine takes. I have a LRP .30 in my Savage currently and I love it. If you want the all out most powerful engine there is have ERCM on this site mod a Picco for you. That is about the most power you will get out of a big block engine.

cole for the money the two most powerful engines i have ran are the lrp .30 and picco p3 .28. Both engines are animals....tons of torque and top end speed. Easy to tune and just all around good engines. Nos is another that is just not really worth the money paid either....gain "can" be made with nos but not worth the beating the engine takes. I have a lrp .30 in my savage currently and i love it. If you want the all out most powerful engine there is have ercm on this site mod a picco for you. That is about the most power you will get out of a big block engine.

common sense preveils!!!!!!!!!:d

Thanks Joey!
Will I need a tuned pipe and hi flow air filter for max performance with these engines?
Ercm? Site mod? Sorry I'm a computer newbie aswell :)

Last edited:
No problem mate....the P3 is not as picky as the LRP .30. With the LRP I first had a JP-4 and it would not run for crap so I switched it out for a JP-2....that is a high flow top end pipe. All I can say is wow....totally different animal. Actually both run real well on the JP-2. I then switched to a ERCM side bleed pipe and yet again....stupid power. The Picco is a higher quality engine but both are the best for the sub $200 US price range. Oh yeah both will jerk a knot in the arse of that 5.9 with out even thinking twice.

I seemed to get better performance out of the JP-3 on the big block than the 2 or 4.

Rolex is right, I'm sorry Cole81

Back