question about using simple green

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sur3fir3

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
I have never used it before to clean my R/Cs. I was wondering what concentration everyone recommends, and whether or not i can clean things like my CVDs, and other parts that can rust and etc. I just need to know if i can use it, and then lube everything up, or if i should keep to using nitro cleaner and things of that nature on CVDs and the like.

Thanks

Last edited:
You can use simple green pretty diluted. I usually use it about 50%. It is a waterbase cleaner so it can rust your steel parts. I've used spraybottles all over the rig and simply blown it off till dry with an airhose. Than simply lubed the axles with a light oil like ARO or marvels. Keep it light though cause the more/heavier the oil you use the more its gonna collect dust and dirt and bind up your joints

50/50 mixture like Phins Fan stated. I blow it dry and use WD-40 on the moving parts to get rid the water. I use O'Donnell's dry racing lube instead of Marvell Mystery Oil or ARO on bearings. It goes on liquid and then dries to leave a thin film of Teflon to lube.

thanks guys, I use Krytech Dry Wax Lube, its the same as the odonnels dry wax lube. Well its storming real bad today If it lets up a bit I'll head out to get some Simple Green so i can start cleaning the LST2 I got in trade.

I have never used it before to clean my R/Cs. I was wondering what concentration everyone recommends, and whether or not i can clean things like my CVDs, and other parts that can rust and etc. I just need to know if i can use it, and then lube everything up, or if i should keep to using nitro cleaner and things of that nature on CVDs and the like.

Thanks

If you have access to an air compressor I suggest that you purchase an ENGINE CLEANER SYPHON GUN. These are available at Northern Tool and cost about $15. This gun hooks to your air compressor and it has a syphon line attached to it that allows you to syphon up a liquid that mixes with the air and it really cleans the car.

For cleaning my on-road car I use denatured alcohol which can be picked up at at hardware store. The alcohol cleans the grease and oil great and it then evaporates and there is no rusting problem.

For cleaning my off-road car I use dishwashing soap mixed with water. I am able to blast heavy mud off the car and it looks almost as clean as new when I am done. Because of the water it will rust so I really blow it as dry as I can get it to minimize rust.

Lee

Attachments

• 15545_lg.jpg
    15545_lg.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 138