Protective roll cage?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarCraft

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So i have had one issue after the other with this revo from clutch shoe springs to broke engine mount. so now I'm in the market for a good protective roll cage. i want something that will protect the head but yet not add 10lbs to the truck. you guys able to point me in any direction?

I run a RC solutions roll cage on mine not even sure if they are still around.

RC Solutions is a serious cage. Check them out for sure.

RCNT Solutions is a serious cage. Check them out for sure.

Really,RCNT has a roll cage? HAHAHA!

Seriously though,I am not a fan of the RC Solutions cages. They are bulky and require major mods to your body to make it fit. I use an RC Raven steel wire cage on my son's Maxx and it has served us well. Check them both out and draw your own conclusions.

Really,RCNT has a roll cage? HAHAHA!
Dang that auto correct on my phone. Good catch!

You're right about the RC Solution cage, it is pretty big, but does offer serious protection. I have heard the RC Raven and VG Racing roll cages are pretty decent as well.

sweet I'm going to check these things out, thanks for the info everyone!

A wing adds a lot of protection too. They're cheap and light weight.

i think New Era was the best solution. i had a roll bar ordered, but they went out of business. I bought a cage from RC Solutions. it is bulky, but protects everything.

no modding is neccessary unless your trying to accomodate other mods.. i had to trim a piece off to accomodate my ofna 220cc tank and modify the wing mount a tad to run the wing and whellie bar with the cage. the cage is designed to run with the factory bumper with no wing.

i have no regrets. right now its the best option. being alu, it weighs a lot less than the rc raven cage.

The body has to be modified, but can be run with that roll cage.

just trim the body to fit over it I have one on my Savage, REVO and run the New Era Bar on my LST I have pics on here somewhere.

I use integy's 4 point roll bar with risers to make it about 3/4" taller for a big block and a wing. Has worked well for me for quite a while. Since New Era's don't exist anymore, or were hard to find at the time I needed one...

2013-0817-RevoEngine01.jpg

I didn't have the wing on it yet in the photo.

Nice little cage there. It looks like Inte-garbage finally made something that's worth a hoot.
I still run only a wing and factory roll hoop and have had ZERO issues with anything but the wing itself.

Back