PICS: revised 5b..STREET VERSION!!

• Thread starter itsalifeworthliving
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsalifeworthliving

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i hate getting it dirty, so this is my "alter-ego" street version of 5b...straight up, nitro smoking, car chaser. its a pretty simple conversion.besides stripping it down and cleaning every nut and bolt(wasn't dirty any way..o.c.d.) i dropped it down 1.25 inches, put 70wt in the rear and 55wt in the front w/ hyper adjust piston on the tightest hole and trude up 3 rears and one front. useing parma tire traction it hooks up like a train on tracks!! the only thing I'm trying to figure out is the front and rear stabilzer set up. the stock ss set up does nothing for street tuning
streetstripper001.jpg

streetstripper007.jpg

streetstripper008.jpg

streetstripper014.jpg

front tires arent worn..i shaved and taped them so they dont balloon out wich makes it unstable(23lbs). suprisingly it turns pretty quick. like most 2 wheel drive buggys, you get alot of on power push. as long as I'm on clean pavement thats not rittled with rock salt and winter sand it hooks up impresibly well.

Wow, that's cool. Take a video for us :D.

Wow, that's cool. Take a video for us :D.
video will be this weakend... I'm gona try to get some chase'I'm down shots w/ some 1:1 cars...=devil I've got last weakends video up. but it was the old offroad "buggy" version

Nice rig, watch out for the cops..........

Nice rig, watch out for the cops..........

Just don't run near doughnut or coffee shops and you should be okay. j/k I have some good friends that law enforcement officials and tease them about this thing. Usually as long as no one complains they won't say anything.

yep ok, i think i'm going to have to get one now... I just dumped my savvy X on it's ASS for on road stuff, but I should get a dedicated =)

WOW!!!! Now that's a sweet ride!!!! Luv the lowered look. Looks mean!!!