1. Ask questions. Share your knowledge. Register TODAY!

Oil aroiund glow plug and coming out of exhaust pipe

Discussion in 'Chassis & Drivetrain' started by NorCalRevo3.3, Jan 22, 2008.

1. NorCalRevo3.3

NorCalRevo3.3 RC Newbie

Oil aroiund glow plug and coming out of exhaust pipe -

New to nitro and experienced these two problems while running my Revo 3.3. Both issues starting occuring when I ran my truck the day after conducting the post-run mainenance as outlined by the Traxxas DVD/literture.

I think I fixed the oil leaking out of the GP area by tightening the GP. I ended up burning that GP and there was a load of gunk all over the inide of the engine cooling head.

As for oil coming from the pipe, I think I'm running things a bit rich. It was getting dark outside and didn't have a chance to make further adjustments.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. olds97_lss

olds97_lss RCNT VIP Supporter

Yep, running rich and a loose glow plug or missing glow plug washer causes those issues. Until your done with break-in and have it tuned for better performance, expect oil to come out of the exhaust. Even after break-in, you will get oil spatter out the exhaust when running and it will build up and drip out over time.

3. NorCalRevo3.3

NorCalRevo3.3 RC Newbie

The GP washer was there, I guess I was a bit lame on tightening it down. Thanks for the help.

4. ohmygahitscoby

ohmygahitscoby Hardcore RCNT User

Oil or fuel? If it was fuel, yeah. Pretty much running on the rich side and a loose glow plug.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted