nitro sport w/2.5r issues.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenman242

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
howdy peeps , took the sport for a run down at the local park today ,gotta love days off work.
I'm having a wee bit of an issue with the truck when she gets a bit low on fuel ,it seems like its not picking it up when you go from a standstill but once its moving its ok . everything on this thing is new ,engine ,tank lines exhaust the works the only thing I can think of is the way I have the fuel line running , I have it going around the head on the exhaust side to give it a bit more length but maybe that's the issue , maybe I should put more line on it idk.
I tested the tank and lines after I cleaned it today and all are good , I'm a bit stumped here what has anyone else done?

howdy peeps , took the sport for a run down at the local park today ,gotta love days off work.
I'm having a wee bit of an issue with the truck when she gets a bit low on fuel ,it seems like its not picking it up when you go from a standstill but once its moving its ok . everything on this thing is new ,engine ,tank lines exhaust the works the only thing I can think of is the way I have the fuel line running , I have it going around the head on the exhaust side to give it a bit more length but maybe that's the issue , maybe I should put more line on it idk.
I tested the tank and lines after I cleaned it today and all are good , I'm a bit stumped here what has anyone else done?
It may just be normal, but you can try checking that the fuel system is air tight, and that no holes are in your fuel line. :)

Those Nitro Sport fuel tanks seem really cheap and cheesy to me. Maybe they're not up to handling an engine upgrade like a 2.5?
If there was a way to shoehorn a fuel tank from an 1/8 scale buggy like an OFNA Violator for example, it might solve the problem

I've never noticed that before and I've had my lines run multiple ways, including your setup. I currently have it running to my front shock tower, where my fuel filter is mounted, and then running back to the engine. Did you maybe put the tank in backwards by mistake?

I run one fairly short line from tank to exhaust, for the tank to engine I usually leave enough to make one loop and that's all. Everyone probably has there own opinion on this but that's what works for me.

what are the advantages/Disadvantages of the length of the fuel hose?
The main advantage is extended running time when upside down, it gives you a little bit more time to flip it back over without having to restart it. I mainly have it that long so that I can mount my fuel filter, mounting space is a little limited on the Rustler.

I like running my fuel line long like schrode said for extended runtimes when the kit is upside down. my back pressure line I keep pretty short.

I like running my fuel line long like schrode said for extended runtimes when the kit is upside down. my back pressure line I keep pretty short.
I'd rather have it shorter, and tidier looking than more practical. Probably just my OCD computer wiring side coming through :p

You can have a long fuel line and still make it look neat. :)

392431_379339298779890_190439746_n.jpg

I give up.. Where is the filter hiding? Or do you not run one?

That fuel tank has one built in

You can have a long fuel line and still make it look neat. :)

View attachment 15133
dayum...that looks nice, is it yours? this is exactly what I was gonna do to my buggy, if I had the money:
carbon fiber upper chassis
blue anodized engine mounts, wheel bearing holder things (can't remember proper name) and suspension nuts,
and to complete it blue tubing, a blue Novarossi P5XLT and an Ofna or dynamite 086 pipe. For the servos Id go with the Hi-Tec HS965MG'S (same as yours)

I would also have a carbon fiber dipped body shell with electrical tape luminous blue highlights.

Thanks! I've got a new clear body for it cuz the old one is beat all to crap but I've not gotten around to painting it yet. :)

Back