Nitro Cleaner

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bplakers

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was just wondering what is the best way to clean up a nitro? I tried the spray air mostly everything stayed on the vehicle.

I strip my engine, servos and tires. Then I soak it with simple green and let it sit for 5 min. Then I hose it down dry it and hit all the metal with WD-40 to protect it. If you have an air compressor that would be better. No need for WD-40 then. I clean my engine with brake cleaner and my tires with tire cleaner. I just clean my electronics with a rag. Then reassemble it. Can do my truck in under 2 hrs. It's also nice because when I have it apart I can check on every thing.

Back in my nitro days, I used a stuff called Nitro Blast that did a fantastic job of cleaning the nitro goo off my rigs. I would spray the stuff on and watch the gunk just drip off. It left no residue once it evaporated.

Spraying on some nitro fuel also did a pretty good job, but was nowhere near as fast as Nitro Blast.

Alright thanks. I used alcohol on it with a tooth brush and got most of it off. Looks like its gonna be awhile for my dust caps and pivot balls make it in. So I'm going to reassemble it.

I sealed up the motor last night after it wouldnt start. I just hope it'll start when I get it back together. It was running great before then let it sit for about 2-3 hours wouldn't even act like it wanted to start. Checked glow plug wasn't the problem & was getting fuel. I hope this does it.

---------- Post added at 3:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:53 PM ----------

Will look into getting that nitro blast. Thanks

AutoGlym Motor Cycle Cleaner. Remove your reciever, spray it all over ( no need to brush ) leave for 2 minutes and hit with hose and watch every bit of dirt fall off, let her dry or dry with compressor and then spray with GT85 which has Teflon in it ( and smells better than WD40 lol ) The car will be in show room condition

5e0201e1-8ffd-6323.jpg