Nitro car won’t move

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Mcevoy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
when I start my nitro RC car the gears turn and the car doesn’t go anywhere when I pull the trotal. I’ve checked my clutch shoes and recently changed them. The drive cups have all been checked and I don’t think it’s the dif gears because it’s a 2 month old car and it hasn’t been run as it won’t move. Any advice or solutions will be much appreciated. Thanks Chris

when I start my nitro RC car the gears turn and the car doesn’t go anywhere when I pull the trotal. I’ve checked my clutch shoes and recently changed them. The drive cups have all been checked and I don’t think it’s the dif gears because it’s a 2 month old car and it hasn’t been run as it won’t move. Any advice or solutions will be much appreciated. Thanks Chris
Hi if the gears r turning but the cars not moving then chances r its a grub screw or a drive pin or cup has come loose in the transmission

Post a pic of the car if you can, and focus in on the drivetrain. A video showing the car with the engine on would help greatly.

Could just be a loose slipper clutch

It would help to follow the drivetrain back to see where things stop turning. Wheels turning? No, obviously, so are the dogbones or cvd's to the wheels turning? If not, then check if the drive cups for the dogbones are turning, then the diff itself etc..etc...until you find the link that IS turning, and you can narrow down the area of failure.

I used this over the TG break to diagnose a front drive problem with a touring car, turned out the metal pins on the front driveshaft dogbones had worn down so much the dogbone was spinning in the drivecup!

turned out the metal pins on the front driveshaft dogbones had worn down so much the dogbone was spinning in the drivecup!
That's pretty ridiculous! In all my years, the only time I had that kind of dog bone wear was with some knock off "heavy duty" u-joint cvd's I got for my t-maxx back in the day. By about the 3rd tank, all 8 ears were nearly cut off by the cups.

That's pretty ridiculous!

Exactly my sentiments when i saw it! Followed by relief over easy fix. While the part ships from timbuktu, i managed to find a plastic dogbone in my bin from a helion Verdikt that fits like a champ...will survive a few runs at least (1 so far)

Back