NEW Traxxas BL-2s Brushless System

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought that was common knowledge...........

plz dont take this badly...
Agreed. Usually vented BL motors I seen are mostly for race stuff which doesn't get wet or that much dirt in them.
I wonder if this is the same ones going in the 2wd lineup? Or would they still have the og xl5 for the 2wd lineup?
agreed, the bl-2s is gonna go in the 2wd.

Their ad copy says "fan-cooled", so vents may only be for the fan...

Nope, just looked again and vents at both ends, not to my liking either.
It's the Titan 12T reincarnated.

i agree....

but how could you NOT be exited for a RALLY! i guess I'm just a rally kinda guy, but a Vxl would be cool, i wonder what would keep me from slapping a 3s esc in there.......

Edit: traxxas was sneaky. they made a new motor plug so you have to use the bl-2s esc and motor together, you would have to rewire the plugs to change the esc, like i said, sneaky.

Sneaky traxxas indeed.
Yeah, kinda excited for the Rally.

i agree....

but how could you NOT be exited for a RALLY! i guess I'm just a rally kinda guy, but a Vxl would be cool, i wonder what would keep me from slapping a 3s esc in there.......

Edit: traxxas was sneaky. they made a new motor plug so you have to use the bl-2s esc and motor together, you would have to rewire the plugs to change the esc, like i said, sneaky.

Sneaky traxxas indeed.
No they didn't make a new motor plug that is a standard plug MT60 connector https://hobbyking.com/en_us/mt60-3-pole-motor-esc-connector-set-12awg-black-male-female-2-set.html It might be a MT30 https://www.amazon.com/UAV-Pairs-Connector-3-Pin-Female/dp/B06XG8WXYF

i can't see those videos (my parents blocked YT
What! Why?
What did you do
And they say I'm a bad person. Look at you! 🤣
what is the gist of it?
Basically, he took apart the bl2s motor, see how it was put together, tested the rotor
In the second video I posted, he compared the bl2s to a Hobbywing 3660 3700kv motor, he likes the 3660 series from Hobbywing alot, tested it, and the rotor is stronger than the bl2s. And tested the bl2s vs the 3660 Hobbywing in his 4tec. The 3660 heats up just a bit, but stays cool, but also likes to cog. The bl2s there is slight to no cogging, and stayed cool.
It's alot of information that is new to me, don't know much about the insides of the motors.
When he dissected the bl2s, he got out all the wire and counted 13.5 or 14 turns.
He could have easily used a kv to turns chart like this. 3300kv is between 13.5 and 17.5 in terms of brushless so ideally it's a slightly tuned down 13.5. Or if they come out with a 14T, that is what it would be like.
Gonna watch more of his videos. He tested the Hobbywing vs bl2s and vs Titan 12t in his 4tec. Idk which version. Most likely a 2.0 or 3.0.
He was also talking about timing for the bl2s but there is no way to ideally test it or set it so I guess that they are all fixed timing motors. The 3660 Hobbywing is also fixed timing, but the 10bl120 g2 that he used it with, you can set electronic timing.
YouTube channel: Telecomando RC
1705272232426.png

Last edited:
What! Why?
What did you do
And they say I'm a bad person. Look at you! 🤣
Nothing.......
my parents are a little strict on Screen time (I'm thankful) and i was on YT when i shouldnt have been. Darn kevin talbot makes himself too interesting.

Back