new engine gone wild for 20-30 sec. while breaking in

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger A. Cucal Jr.

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hi guys, while breaking in (7th tank, of heat cycling method) my new novarossi s21p5xlt, the throttle servo jam (burns out, actually) in WOT pos. causing eng. to wild for 20-30 seconds then engine shuts only when my buggy hit a solid wall, center diff stuck because of the impact from the front w/ the drive shaft and that is the time when the eng. shuts down w/ the piston locked in top end and i did not force to move the flywheel or piston. I just let cool down & turn the fly wheel. 3 things I have just notice after the issue, 1st; become less smoke (w/o changing anything in HSN & LSN), is it because piston & sleave expanded while over heating? 2; sound change, 3; it is now difficult to start.

Add'l info, I am here in Dubai & as of now weather temp is 39-41deg cel the whole day and I am using 25% Byron nitro,want to change the stock glow ( there is only letter "D" engraved in stock glow plug) plug to OS P4 super hot or P4 ultra hot is it ok to change base on given info?

Thank you guys in advance...

Back