Need new clutch shoes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jman214

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I just found out I need new 3 piece clutch shoes. What are some good ones to get should they be aluminum or metal?

What brand of clutch and what are you using them in?

With Redcat products, you're kind of limited to using their replacement parts, so you'll just have to replace them with the stock shoes.

With Redcat products, you're kind of limited to using their replacement parts, so you'll just have to replace them with the stock shoes.
Really? Even for clutch shoes?

They look fairly typical to me:
media.jpg

For a MT, I'd go with some decent alloy ones. You can usually find HPI savage XL shoes/springs on ebay for a decent price. In my savage currently, I'm running an old set of ofna shoes with really short springs that tested my patience on the install. I have a set of dynamite max life shoes in my parts, but not sure what springs to use with them. Mostly what I have on hand are stock HPI springs.

Alloy will last longer, however are more pricey, and chances are on a vehicle like that you will notice little difference.