Need Help, Throttle Linkage keeps getting stuck.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kryptonite.

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
So here's the issue, I just rebuilt a T-Maxx with a Trinity .23 that i got for free. I just bought a new linkage set and installed it to spec. The problem is that when i give it throttle, the linkage gets pulled somehow and binds the linkage into the spur gear and locks in at full throttle. I have used WD-40 on the black post (where it is getting Locked up) but still no help. I'm not sure how it keeps binding, without the engine running I move the throttle Open and close but doesn't bind. I'm out of ideas, any help or insight would be awesome.

How tight is the screw that holds the post on? maybe throw up some pics so we can see exactly where its binding?

42574961-f554-6d42.jpg
this is it stuck

42574961-f58d-6052.jpg
this is it normally

42574961-f5c5-c48e.jpg
and this is the mount on the servo

Check all your screws on the servo horn and back at the carb side and make sure they arent too tight that will cause that too happen in some cases, or your servo is over extending the arm causing the problem. is the servo centered properly?

The first picture, your arm is pulled up way too far, i think you need to adjust your servo horn, or your linkage pull, kinda hard to say without see it in motion.

Back