Need a LOT of help.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageProdigy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just bought a Savage 25 from a guy that I also bought a 91 Suburban from. I have never owned a Nitro RC toy, this is my very first.

The guy said it has the K4.6, but after doing tons of research I don't think it's the K4.6. I also have a lot of upgrades I want to do to this thing. Like if the Integy T3 Suspension Set Savage Flux X 4.6 2011 XL would fit on my Savage 25, also if I wanted to get the 5.9 motor would I have to change the gear box to the 3 speed as well.

Also, I have looked around at some of these other posts. Where do you guys purchase all your shiny stuff! What's the best site to order parts from? Last can I buy parts from any of the Savage family and it will fit my 25, like would parts from the Savage XL fit my Savage 25?

Here is a picture of the motor.
c7v2c.jpg

welcome to the site

dont use integy stuff for anything important,

dont bother with the 5.9 engine its not that great you can get much better bang for your buck ( you dont need a 3 speed to run the 5.9 engine )

also most parts can be gotten from E-bay by searching the part numbers ( hear is a link to the manual for the 21/25 savage - http://rcdocuments.com/documents/HPI_Savage_25_Manual.pdf )

the engine in that looks like it could be the F4.1 or the S25 if that's the original motor then it would be one of the two

most of the parts from the newer savages will be backwards compatible
thread with some info https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42083

if you look at what was carried over you can see what will fit your truck,

for instance on my savage i changed from the 25 chassis to a savage X chassis and have changed to easy access diffs and savage x skid plates,
the easy access center gear box and the newer style lower A arms and adjustable upper arms, easy access radio box and the newer shock towers for 3 shock position adjustments.
i also changed the engine mount braces to the new ones required for the savage x chassis ( center has semi circle cut out to clear drive shafts )

hear is a link to a savage x manual this contains part numbers for the newer parts
http://www.hpiracing.com/assets/documents/instruction_manuals/105757_savage_x_4.6_us_m_v1.pdf

also in regards to replacing parts stick to stock plastic/nylon as its cheaper to replace when damaged and also allows parts to flex & absorb more shock before breaking

yeah that definately looks like an old .25 savage head, can't tell from the block

yeah that definately looks like an old .25 savage head, can't tell from the block

its a F4.1, the S25 has 25 on each side of the block the F4.1 just has HPI

i got a dead S25 and F4.1 and its a mach for the F4.1

its a F4.1, the S25 has 25 on each side of the block the F4.1 just has HPI

i got a dead S25 and F4.1 and its a mach for the F4.1

i know that, I'm just saying can't tell from the block cause i can't see it ;P

So what would be a good motor to buy?

So what would be a good motor to buy?

Lol....
Nova
Picco
Os
Lrp
Pretty much in that order too....
In your case I would go the lrp route untill you gain some experience in breaking in and tuning,.....stay away from integy anything, unless your building a shelf queen best to upgrade as you go

Last edited: