My Crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on fast eddy you know you would make a sweet crawler if you built one!!!

bbtg

Finally have completed pics of my crawler.

These are before I trimmed the body to be able to crawl with it on.

Body is painted by Zielke.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

These are after I trimmed the body.

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

c7.jpg

It has been a long but great build. I have tried it out a few times in the back yard on various objects and I must say I am hooked on crawling. I can't wait to get it on some good rocks to crawl. That is if it ever stops raining on the weekends.

Looks insane man... That Red/Black color combo on the chassis rocks...
I'm thinkin I may have to try a narrower wheel set up on mine..The big shoes I'm running are just too cumbersome to lumber around with.. Did it hurt just a lil, cuttin up an expensive custom lid like that? lol I've done it myself...

Damn fine rig you got there Rob, nice looking backyard too!

Thanks guys.

One thing I need to do is pull the foams out of the Moab's so the tires can wrap aroung the rocks better. I am not looking forward to it since all those tiny screws are wrist busters.

Imbroken, I stared at the lid for a good 5 minutes with scissors in hand before I took the plunge and hacked off the fenders. I was very very carefull not go too crazy with the dremel and zip across the painted surface or shiny top. That would have made me cry.

BTW, thanks for all the help in building this project.

Rob that is sweet man...Damm I need to get mine going..

How did you wire your motors? Series or Parallel?
What size batts, how much runtime ya gettin?
I'm getting pretty crappy runtimes, and I'm just wondering if it's my batts...

I am running IB3800's. I ran it last week for about 15 minutes before putting it away. Without recharging, today I ran it for at least 20 minutes before it started to rain and it showed no signs of dumping. Not exactly sure how much run time I can get out of it yet.

As far as the wiring....I am using a Novak EVX off of my emaxx. I got tired of trying to research whether the 2 sets of leads on the EVX are wired inside for parallel or series, so I just ran one set of leads to the front, and the other to the rear. I have read somewhere that it is wired in parallel, but I can't be sure. There is a lot of conflicting information on the subject.

Last edited:
robmob said:
These are after I trimmed the body.

:OMG:

robmob said:
As far as the wiring....I am using a Novak EVX off of my emaxx. I got tired of trying to research whether the 2 sets of leads on the EVX are wired inside for parallel or series, so I just ran one set of leads to the front, and the other to the rear. I have read somewhere that it is wired in parallel, but I can't be sure. There is a lot of conflicting information on the subject.

For the record, I believe it's parallel, since both motors get 14.4V from both battery packs, or at least last time I checked...

MAN!! That thing is awesome. COuld you give me a ballpark on what it cost to build. (if you don't mind)

I don't plan on building one but its nice to dream!

Roughly $1200 into it and worth every penny IMO.

aww shoot thats not too bad then. I had 2K in my maxx and it was still a pos. jon2's savage is gonna be mine soon :)

Back