Lost in a TRX4M build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. Wonder if the servos were experiencing brown out from not getting enough power.

I got them powered directly from the battery. It was fine with the stock motor. When I swapped the other servo I powered it through the receiver and it was fine. Kinda weird. Wondering now if I should try to power the problem servos through the receiver and see if it does it.

I got them powered directly from the battery. It was fine with the stock motor. When I swapped the other servo I powered it through the receiver and it was fine. Kinda weird. Wondering now if I should try to power the problem servos through the receiver and see if it does it.
Powered from the battery how?

Powered from the battery how?
DBCCFBB1-13F7-4238-98D5-56D21EEC6AE1.jpeg

They soldered to the battery plug

A9088EF1-54A8-45BC-99C2-909588C221EA.jpeg

These batteries. I cut both connectors off and both leads soldered to xt60 plug (two reasons, one it’s what I had, two it’s what my charger is 🤣).

They ramp crab servos. Swapped with the Injora one and it was fine at 6 volts

But it’s weird it worked fine before with the factory motor/trans. One thing I’m not sure it if it went swimming. Son was out playing in the mud with it before we did this 🤣

Could be the receiver has moisture in it. Or maybe the servos got wet. But strange both servos would go out like that. The motor swap could be drawing more amps, especially with the 2-spd trans. Maybe moisture in the Rx is causing problems. That would be the first place I would look.

Could be the receiver has moisture in it. Or maybe the servos got wet. But strange both servos would go out like that. The motor swap could be drawing more amps, especially with the 2-spd trans. Maybe moisture in the Rx is causing problems. That would be the first place I would look.

It is strange, but it was working just fine before the swap, and it works fine with just the Injora servo on the front (I just disconnected the rear cause he was bummed he couldn’t drive it and he ran a couple batteries through it in the house). I may just swap the other Injora one or get a couple different servos, the horns are different and it’s just rigged up for now on the front. I think I’ll try to power them through the receiver tho too just for my own curiosity