Looking for a tip on decent 1/16 truck tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CamberKing

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

First post here, I purchased a set of tires for my hbx 1/16 scale basher and they Broke off after the second run!

All the tires when using search comes up 1/10 scale trucks being too large for my 16 basher.. any help would be much appreciated or please point me into the right direction

Thanks!!

What kind of RC is it? Buggy, truggy, SCT, MT, ST, etc.

What kind of RC is it? Buggy, truggy, SCT, MT, ST, etc.
Sorry! Should have mentioned that. It's a truck rc 2s brushless motor. The original tires are worn and have no grip I'm slipping around all over the place really sloppy..

I recommend looking for tires that are compatible with the Traxxas 1/16 E-Revo as it’s the same scale. 2.2” ST tires are compatible I believe. Also, how did your tire break off? Did the tire rip? Did the rim break? If it just fell off the rim, all you need to do is glue it, I recommend BSI IC-2000 glue.

What RC is it? Model?

If you take the wheel off, is there a hex behind it that the wheel locks onto? If so, what size hex is it? 7mm, 12mm, ?

I recommend looking for tires that are compatible with the Traxxas 1/16 E-Revo as it’s the same scale. 2.2” ST tires are compatible I believe. Also, how did your tire break off? Did the tire rip? Did the rim break? If it just fell off the rim, all you need to do is glue it, I recommend BSI IC-2000 glue.
Thanks for the tip!

Yea the tires are actually awesome but the rim broke right at the center leaving the hex plate still attached to the truck.
What RC is it? Model?

If you take the wheel off, is there a hex behind it that the wheel locks onto? If so, what size hex is it? 7mm, 12mm, ?
The model is the HBX 16889a pro series with 12mm hex on the wheels.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211125-225815_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211125-225815_Photos.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Update,

So I went with Pro-Line 2.2 Trenchers they fit really well and even gave me a half inch wider stance grips quite well too!

Attachments

• 20211126_202512_copy_1291x726.jpg
    20211126_202512_copy_1291x726.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 159
Update,

So I went with Pro-Line 2.2 Trenchers they fit really well and even gave me a half inch wider stance grips quite well too!
It turned into a stadium truck! Those Trenchers look really good on it.

Those look pretty good. Keep an eye on your motor and esc temps as those tires a quite a bit larger than the stock tires.

Back