JConcepts Illuzion SC10 Over-Tray

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
They made one for the Slash so the SC10 was up next.

285a8c10aea04b4e5049f153e7bfea80.image.750x498.jpg

http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_42&products_id=330

Looks great do they com painted or clear.I would love to here comments from some one using this it would make clean up alot easier.Also wonder if it gets to be a pain taking on and off.

It comes clear just like a body.

You will have to trim and paint yourself.

Thanks for the info do you have one?I really like the consept of it these things get so dirty with the open fenders.What I would really like to see is a rollcage for it like the sc8 it has fender wells to keep the dirt from kicking up into the chassi not to mention it looks killer.

I've got one on order right now! (actually had one in stock in my cart at amainhobby, and while I was gathering other parts to finish the order I went to check out and the one in my cart suddenly turned to "out of stock"! Got swiped from right under my nose! So I just ordered direct from JC so I didn't have to wait...)

Very glad JC decided to make one of these for the SC10! Reminds me a bit of the Kyosho Mini Inferno ST, with the separate chassis overtray.
I think this will definitely help to keep the mess AND weight down on these trucks! After ripping in any sort of dirt or debris I always get a chassis full of core samples of whatever environment I'm in!
Only thing I'm a bit skeptical about is increased ESC temps. When I go brushless I may just place my ESC behind the battery, then drill a half dozen small holes above it to let some heat escape.

I had this for the slash it was PITA to even get the battery inside It had to be so modified to even work, I ended up drilling 2 holes in the front of the cover and using 2 old body posts with c-clips to take it on/off.. I hope the 1 for the sc10 is a better design:rolleyes:

I've got one on order right now! (actually had one in stock in my cart at amainhobby, and while I was gathering other parts to finish the order I went to check out and the one in my cart suddenly turned to "out of stock"! Got swiped from right under my nose! So I just ordered direct from JC so I didn't have to wait...)

Very glad JC decided to make one of these for the SC10! Reminds me a bit of the Kyosho Mini Inferno ST, with the separate chassis overtray.
I think this will definitely help to keep the mess AND weight down on these trucks! After ripping in any sort of dirt or debris I always get a chassis full of core samples of whatever environment I'm in!
Only thing I'm a bit skeptical about is increased ESC temps. When I go brushless I may just place my ESC behind the battery, then drill a half dozen small holes above it to let some heat escape.

can you post pics of you cover here..and how hard is it to take off/on?

can you post pics of you cover here..and how hard is it to take off/on?

yeah, here are some photos of it I've already got uploaded.

img9985sw.jpg

img9987b.jpg

It's pretty easy to take off/remove. Two thumb screws on top of rear shock tower and slides in/out the front shock tower. You have to spread it up front to go over the chassis, but no big deal. Not like a puzzle or anything, and so far I'm not annoyed by it, haha. Could also depend on how you cut it, but I trimmed mine fairly close to the molded lines, although I went just a hair shorter around the sides and rounded a few things off too...

Benefits outweight negatives so far in my book. :thumbup1:

Coincidentally, my stock ESC did just burn up right as I got this cover (but talking with my LHS about it, it's more common than I ever thought! :mad:), but it was done before I even ran it with this cover on!

Temps don't seem bad underneath (you can see I drilled just three medium holes on top to release heat. But, I could see this possibly trapping too much in hot summer days running hard outdoors, but we'll see. Can always drill more holes, but I don't want any to catch too much debris... Might add an ESC fan down the line as well, and I'm sure that would help a ton.