i just ordered the jl .28 max, what are you guys opinions about this motor?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good engine ,way better than the older .26 but the only downside is the cooling head is massive and usually gets hit in a stack resulting in a striped spur and a bend in the chassis. it does need a bb exhaust to really perform , I'm using a trinity clone and works really well.

Oh OK I ordered the ths146b bb rear pipe to go with mines. I'm getting everything installed next week. Wheelies on demand?

for sure ,I have one in a 2.5 chassised revo and it goes hard you are probably going to want to upgrade the slipper clutch as mine threw the std pads twice in 2 litres.

Oh wow.. yeah I'll definitely upgrade the slipper clutch, alot of people say they upgrade to the savage clutch

The BBK composite bonded clutch from buku works really well with that engine,you need the one that fits the traxxas style crank,you can even jump up it flywheel size if you really wanted to

I'm using an m2c 3 shoe clutch with a 17t traxxas bell /36t spur and so far that seems great I may try an 18t bell just to see what happens but the ofna mount need a wee bit of dremel work to make that fit.
as for the slipper I used the ole 2.5 maxx brake disc mod ,cheap as chips and works really well