Help needed please

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase125

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hey guys. Started running in my engine in last weekend now it seemed to me it was idling a bit high so I turnt the little idle screw down just a tad... I cut the engine off let it completely cool down and started it back up and started doing little runs up and down at little throttle and when I let off the throttle i have to put the brake on a bit to get it back down to idle? What could that be?

Do you have to HOLD the brake on to keep it idling? If you let go of the brake, does the idle go back up?
If that's the case it's just an adjustment on the idle screw and you need to warm it up, run it around, then set the idle with the brake trigger fully applied.

If I'm just going along and let off to neutral the idle seems to stay there until I tap the brake? Then obviously once I rev it again the idle goes back high

Does the idle only go back to high if you tap the throttle or does it go back to high when you let go of the brake and do NOT touch the throttle?

It goes back to high when you just tap the throttle

You can check the linkage by starting the engine an try to move the servo horn by hand into
the braking position.If the engine idles down,then it could be just in your transmitter trim.
Some times the trim knobs or buttons get bumped or moved causing the servo to center in
another position!

Check whether (with the air filter off) that the linkage isn't sticking.

Thanks for help guys. I'll check it all once this cold weather shifts!

No need to start it to correct it. As already suggested, you may have a mechanical issue with it. Take off the air cleaner so you can look into the carb while you trigger throttle, neutral and brake. It MUST go to the same position or you'll know there is a problem with the linkage, the idle screw or the barrel sticking.

Cheers rolex I think I've sorted it had a look last night looks like it's going back to neutral and fine and everything else looks fine