Help, left my rigs in the car since end of summer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwdragon

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Yup, end of summer I was bashing around and came home, totally forgot about my Revo ans Savage in the back of the Jeep until I just found them. After them sitting out there is sub zero temps for the last couple of months I am scared to try an fire them up. Anything I should do before I test them out?

Thanks

After letting them warm to temps above 65° F, see if their engines turn over normally by hand. Remove any left over fuel. See if the RX batteries will take a charge.

Well they are warm enough now and engine turns over by hand as I seem to remember it. I got the rotostart and the glow stick charged and fresh fuel ready. The Revo though still had some gas in the tank (which I emptied) got fresh glow plugs have been put in both. Just try to fire them up now? Or since the Revo had gas in the lines anything I should do extra?

id replace the fuel lines too. i wud try to turn them over with ur roto start first. if they seem to be turning ok then try an fire them up.

Take out the glow plug, turn the Revo upside down and spin the starter till all the fuel is cleared out.
Clean all dirt from the model....wax all surfaces and put in dehumidified vacuum sealed case.... WHAT?:D

Go ahead with what Rolex said here. Ignore what Joey said this time.

Remove the glow plug and turn the rig over. run the EZ-Start to clear the motor out.

Did you use any aro? Seeing as how you live in Laval Quebec I would take you motor out and check the internals for rust from condensation as well. Hot to cold cold to hot is going to form some condensation right?

If the engines turn over then the best thing you can do is fire them up and see if they're ok. 4-5 months isn't that bad.

I would hit it with a tiny shot of WD-40....run it over a few times and light 'er up. I have ran engines that had not been started in a couple years with no issues.

Well after taking all advice they both fired up, I didn't run them long but at least I know they still work. Thanks guys :)

Pshhhh.

Sent from my Pipboy-3000 in the Capital Wasteland.

Back