Has anyone ever used one of these (tower pro voltage meter)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woolfe

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I came across this and on paper looks like a good idea. I was wondering if it would damage my receiver when plugged into an auxiliary port. Has anyone used one of these? Is it worth plugging in?
2014-11-03 15.31.01.jpg

i used one, didn't have the heat shrink over it though

they work fine although i broke mine after pulling it off my shell ( snapped it )

you will want to try to make it water resistant like in the pic clear heatshrink and silicon in the ends ( make sure you set correct battery voltage first it wont fry it just won't report correctly )

As long as you're using a 4.8V battery pack then it would be fine. Its not going to be accurate for a 6V pack though which is what most of us use for RX pcks.

As long as you're using a 4.8V battery pack then it would be fine. Its not going to be accurate for a 6V pack though which is what most of us use for RX pcks.

They are a accurate on 6v aslong as you set the switch to 6v

Mine accurately showed battery level at all times

If my battery was getting low it would even show the voltage drop and rise as the servos operated

I know from owning the same one pictures in the OP

The best ones are the digital ones with the current voltage being displayed

Cool, as long as there is no issue with killing the receiver I will use it. Cheers..

I will poke around with the ones I ordered and let you know how it goes! My original intention was to hook it up somewhere with the battery connection..

But I suppose it might work with receivers too.. It is just a meter, so in theory it should not have the ability to ruin anything. Most meters will fry them selfs before they will do harm to components..

I think I will wire it up on the battery wire past the on/off switch. Might be safer that way. I don't have to put it in the receiver Just because it fits in there.

I used to use one made for the HPI savage, but it was struck with a rock, and I never replaced it. It's a neat idea, but all it showed me was I get bored long before my battery gets tired.

I used something similar on my 5th scales when I was racing until I got comfortable with the fact I can go all race day without having to worry.

I finally received these little meters. I tested them on a battery but I have not hooked it up to the nitro. It is a open circuit on the bottom, and is quite small. It does have a screw bracket on each end.

It takes a few volts to power it so it wont test things like one single AA battery. The red/black leads are for power, the white tests the live lead and gets the reading..

DSC05153.JPG
DSC05154.JPG

I ordered the other type like the on in the original post, still waiting to see them. The ones you got look good but I like the one I have because I can read it as the buggy drives by. I would like to try the one you have on my toy quad copter.
2014-11-23 13.30.59.jpg

Those look kinda cool! If I can figure out how to not bash mine so hard that I break it waaaaaaaaaay befor ethe batteries go dead I might have to check into something like that lol

Back