Fuel line disconnecting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fstnd

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My fuel line keeps disconnecting from my fuel tank what can I do? It is very slippery, today even with a ziptie it came off very quick

Got pics? Maybe change the nipple if possible.

Snip about 1/2" inch off the fuel line if you can and reinstall or
just replace it, fuel line is cheap.

Nope it is one plastic thing, very smooth. Can't get any pics rn but I'll share some later on👍

Try a bread tie wire stripped clean if tank has a raised edge on end of tube or a tiny hose clamp

Thanks guys. I've taken a look at the fuel line and it was deformed in the end, so cutting it would be one option, like @wickedfogg mentioned. Yes, it is cheap, so I replaced the whole line for now with a fuel line made of firmer material:
20240324_194943.jpg
this should hold up👍

When testing this car today, when the fuel line did not disconnect, it handled quite strange. The car could idle all day at a low rpm which sounded very nice, but when going more than about 30% throttle, the engine returned to idle. This problem was only on the ground. Is this because a .12 is underpowered for this stadiumtruck chassis? Or should I mess more with the needles? It all sounded nice to me...
I wanted to share a video but I can't rn. It's taken on my dad's phone and our way of sharing vids stopped working. Otherwise I'd have to edit with whatsapp quality once again

You might have the wrong i.d. fuel line, grab a thin zip-tie,,,

I’ve used those type filters in the past too. Use a zip tie thin enough to go between base of cap and and curled up end or use wire and twist tight. Use small vise grips to get a pull or twist on what u put on there

It's 3x5mm, the measurement that I've always been running on every nitro and gas RC

??

It's 3x5mm, the measurement that I've always been running on every nitro and gas RC

??
Well, when I raced Nitro, I zip-tied all my fuel lines to whatever they were connected to. When you're racing 45 min A-Mains, you don't want something as simple as a fuel line to end your race.

Replace the fuel line, If it still falls off try smaller line or diffirent brand of fuel line