First Crash! T-Maxx 3.3 Front Bumper?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryankyut

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
First off, gotta say My neighbors hate me right now and I am Lovin' my 3-day old T-Maxx 3.3!

I am new to the RC scene and I ran it into a metal mailbox post like a dumbass and did this damage.... I need help replacing the front bumper and the bumper mount.. any suggestions on what to get for a good price? tnx

img0263e.jpg

I would go with RPM bumpers, they are far superior to aluminum IMO. It appears you will also need new bulkheads. I have heard Traxxas's aluminum bulks are good quality.

Traxxas' website has diagrams to help you in the future. At the top click on products then nitro or electric, then your vehicle, then downloads, then exploded views. Heres the one you need now (click me), it will have the part numbers and you can look them up to find the name.

Yup definitely need a new bulkhead. I have Golden Horizons front bulkhead and it has held up to full speed into a telephone pole lol. However If I could go back I would go with the Traxxas one as they are a lot lighter and allow for wheelies to still be easy to pull off.

ouch, the traxxas are $75.. I think I'm gonna go with integy or golden horizon for now :)

Integy.........:puke:

Don't do it!!!!

Stay away from integy. Stay away from integy. Stay away from integy.

Already ordered GH bulkheads..

I checked out the rpm stuff, theyre very affordable lol! I think ill rpm everything else except bulkheads

not as bad as my first crash i split it in half at the bulks but defenetly go with aluminum bulkheads they will save u alot

not as bad as my first crash i split it in half at the bulks but defenetly go with aluminum bulkheads they will save u alot

I agree. Aluminum bulks save you all that time and labor in the future. I went with FLM (Fast lane Machine) and although I havent had a wreck that would have broken the bulks, now I dont have to worry about them breaking. I took pre-crash procedures so I dont break anything or alteast dont break anything that is not sold at my LHS

Just tell your neighbor that the mailbox jumped in front of you. It might get a punch if it was a really nice mailbox and post. proceed with caution.

Crashing gives you a very good excuse for ordering cool stuff :D

Here it is.. went with Integy Bumpers cuz I didnt like the RPM bumper design lol.. Golden Horizons Bulkheads tho.. RPM ShockTower, Arms and Big Boy Shocks next :X

dsc0509iq.jpg

dsc0517x.jpg

Back