Ever heard of this before?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 26 HP engine for you.....it only weighs 94 LBS......its called a lawn tractor engine. Don't think it will fit on a Baja though....:horsecrap

Attachments

• eng_pro26v.jpg
    eng_pro26v.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 101
Ok i think the flaming has gotten old now, and its not that hard to go up to Lowes, Home Depot, or your local hardware store and look at the engines these things have on them, there all high power and high cc rated. Some may need modifications to work with a Baja, some dont. Either way, for the same power and cc ratings as some Zenoah, Fuelie, or DDM/Chung Yang engines, they sure do cost alot less money because they dont say "For HPI Baja 5B" on them. Its kinda like how aluminum parts are WAY overpriced.

Yes it is plausible to put another engine on a Baja that is not specifically made for it. May need some modification to the buggy and engine mounts....but a 26Hp engine? come on man....that is why people were calling BS. Most of the engines "made for the Baja" will run higher RPM with will give you more speed. If you want to poke some eyes.....make it happen and post the pictures and video of it running crazy fast.....then you can say See ***** (CENSORED)**** I told you so.

Again the issue here how prepared are you to do what it takes to mount this?
Do you have a machine shop at your disposal to do all the custom work for you? if so, get to work and post some pics. After its all done let us know how you were able to bet enough RPMs out of it to engage a clutching system that works.

Anything is possible it just depends how far you want to go.

We see a lot of unrealistic pipe dreams from people with stars in their eyes. The best stuff that we have seen are from people that just do it and talk about it later. People that spout about stuff before they gather all the facts are usually dreamers.

Now either Put Out or Shut Up about it.

Back