Dynamte Prophet Plus... beeps non-stop when plugged in?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone know the diagnosis for this? I set the amp switch to 1amp to charge my receiver packs, plug the charger in, it beeps and blinks once, pauses, then beeps and blinks non-stop.

If I plug a battery pack into it prior to plugging the charger in, the charger beeps once, then the light blinks. (Which, according to the manual is what it's supposed to do when I plug the charger into power.) Then when I plug the charger in and hit the "start" button, the light will go solid red for about 30 seconds, then it beeps once and the light blinks conitually.

The receiver pack is low, but not dead. I just deadened it with a light until it was down to about 4.9V.

The charger is 2 days old. I charged two receiver packs this morning and it worked fine. Those were the first two charges of it's life. Then I tried charging my MLST 7.2v 1200Mah pack and it appeared to charge for a while at 2amps, but the pack got barely warm. The charger acted normal according to the manual though. It beeped then went into trickle mode when it "thought" the pack was peaked. That's when I tried switching it back to a dead receiver pack to see if it was normal. I'm used to charging the packs until they get to about 85 degrees or so. It only charged the MLST pack (not stock) until it was about 78 degrees.

For 6 years I've been using a 12V 900mah transformer I bought at radio shack to charge my receiver packs. For some reason, it stopped charging quickly. Typically, 25-35 minutes on a dead pack would make it heat up to about 90F and be charged to about 7V, then I'd take it off and run it. Now, it still charges, but it takes 1.5 hours to do what it used to do in 25-35 minutes.

I think I annoyed it when I tried charging my MLST pack. That's when this started and I decided to get a "real" charger.

Last edited:
Hmm I have this same charger.....on the second day I owned it it started making weird noises....like the beeper was bad......It still charges but sounds like a stuck pig when it beeps.

The only thing I can think of is maybe its the LST pack....bad somehow????

As you say it may have been the culprit for the RS gear.

If it's bad, it held a charge and the dynamite charger charged it once without a problem.

Very strange... I've let it sit unplugged all day (out bashing) and I just plugged it in... beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep... I had thought maybe I over heated it since I charged 3 packs in a row this morning. I guess it's just broke.

I called the LHS I bought it from, they didn't give me any help, just told me to bring it back (1 hour drive one way).

I called another one (also an hour) that normally has decent advice and most of their workers run electric. He asked a few questions but was stumped as well, then told me to bring it in and if he can't get it to work, he will replace it. Even though I bought it at the other store. He has one of these chargers and they use one or two at the store to test things with. He said it sounds busted and he had never heard of one that did that before.

I have the same charger. The frist thing I do is plug in the battery(one beep), then quickly plug in to the outlet(another beep), then press the start betton(final beep. It woun't beep again until it is done charging. Does anyone know how to disable the beep? The dang thing is like the loudness of a smoke alarm. Hope this helped

I took it to the LHS that was more helpful on the phone. Even though I bought it at a non-hobby town, they didn't have a problem checking it for me and giving me a new one. Before I even asked to see if we could check the new one to see if it works, he had it out of the box and was charging a pack. When it finished, he threw in another pack and did it again, then re-peaked the first one just to make sure it worked ok and as it should work.

He said they use 2 or 3 of them at the store to charge units people bring in to have work done on. He said he's had a few of them himself and he never had one do what mine does/did.

Now I have a new one and I've charged a few packs with it. It seems good now.

Is there any way to stop that loud beep when it is done charging cause that thing is loud.

I'm sure there is... but I don't want to damage my charger. It's just a surface mount buzzer, but it isn't easy to get at.

Back