Clutch bell help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamMachine

RCTalk Talkaholic
Active Military
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Schumacher Fusion 28s 3 speed clutch bell is thread and if the gears can be removed? I have searched everywhere and I cannot find any info on it. I know its an older car but someone has to know lol. From the pictures it looks like the gears are threaded pinions.

I was bored so I tried to google it but all I found was this pic, the link to where I found it is below the picture.
image.jpeg

http://www.racing-cars.com/images/T...ion 28/Instruction Manual/Fusion28_page24.doc

I am not familiar with this RC, But I do have OFNA clutch bells that are threaded and come apart. On the OFNA's, the second bearing can only be accessed by unthreading the gear. I hope this helps.

See if the join is smooth or sharp, if it is a perfect 90 degree angle then there's a higher chance it is able to be taken apart, however doesn't mean for certain at all.

In some of the pictures i have seen the bell is a different color than the 2nd and 3rd gears. Which leads me to believe it can be removed. I know that HPI made a 28t CB for one of there onroads but its not mod 1 and I need mod 1. The issue with the 3spd CB is that its $40 I dont want to spend if I can't confirm its removable.

The bell is not threaded. I had one. There are three different choices for bells but each bell has three gears made on with different ratios.

They are also desined to use needle bearings. You can substitute smaller roller bearings but you will need a lot of them.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Schumacher-Ra...lutch-Bell-24-28-32T-/181988963340?nav=SEARCH

This is what it looks like. I saw thst pic thats confusing you with the black gear. They dont look like that. The highest ratio bell was completely black. The other two were silver.

Last edited: