Bonzi 84in Classic

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duramax47

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Bonzi 84in Classic Specs
- Length: 84" (inches) (7 feet)
- Depth: 11"
- Beam: 17.5"
- Hull Weight: Approx. 15 lbs (pounds)
- Max RTR Weight: Approx. 50 lbs
(with twin inline engines)

Has any one on the forum see or drive or even owend one? I have been eye Balling this forawhile, My dad and i have been talking about spliting the cost and sharing it. Whats your guys opinion here is a video of what ours will look like if we do decide to get one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxWiFz0t19g"]YouTube - Huge RC Twin Gas Engine Boat![/ame]

Here is the build sheet for ours, If we decide to do it alot of money to put out!

84" Classic Ready-to-Run Boat w/Twin BZx4 Zenoahs
- Add BONZI' Break-In Oil Yes
- Antenna Tube Color Blue
- Carbon Fiber Vent Yes - 2
- Custom Grab Rail No
- Custom Paint Yes
- Dashboard & Steering Wheel No
- Digital Tachometer Yes - 2
- Driver Figures No
- Exhaust Tip Yes - 4 (2 dummy)
- GPS System No
- Hardware Color Blue
- Hull Color White
- Install Kill Switch Yes - 2
- Polished Outer Hardware (Silver) Yes
- Running Lights Yes
- Silencer Yes - 2
- Upgrade to 2.4GHz FM Radio Yes
- Upgrade to 2200mAH Pack Yes
- Upgrade to Billet Gas Cap Yes
- Upgrade to Digital Servos Yes
- Upgrade to WT-813A Carb Yes - 2

$5,020.30

Sub-Total: $5,020.30

We could really use any of your opinions and help, Thanks Guys so much!

Nice boat big$ if your planining on racing you may want to go smaller most organizations hold you to 60" and under for insurance reasons.Something to give some thought to.This section is nitro thats gas post it in aircraft and marine forum you'll get more looks.:D

Oh okay will do, and this is something more for like lake powell on our trips and stuff no racing.

After seeing your list and what you wana use it for good choice get out the check book spring is here LOL!:D (you can not put a price on fun):hehe:

Yeah, just found out that my dad was plaing with the options for the boat and now he wants this -
84" Classic Ready-to-Run Boat w/Twin Counter-Rotating I2
- Add BONZI' Break-In Oil Yes
- Antenna Tube Color Blue
- Carbon Fiber Vent Yes - 2
- Custom Grab Rail No
- Custom Paint Yes
- Dashboard & Steering Wheel No
- Digital Tachometer Yes - 2
- Display Stand Yes
- Driver Figures No
- Exhaust Tip Yes - 4 (2 dummy)
- GPS System No
- Hardware Color Blue
- Hull Color White
- Install Kill Switch Yes - 2
- Running Lights Yes
- Silencer Yes - 2
- Upgrade to 2.4GHz FM Radio Yes
- Upgrade to 2200mAH Pack Yes
- Upgrade to Billet Gas Cap Yes
- Upgrade to Digital Servos Yes

So all this really changed was twin motor's , i guess we are calling them tomorrow morning to see what we can do.

With twins you always want counter rotating otherwise you have a real handling problem i believe there twin is set up that way. Oh make sure you get a fail safe for the radio you would hate to ever have a run away with that boat.

Last edited:
Yeah their counter rotating. and yes very big, just glad we have a lake big enough to run it on right maybe 100 yards of our back deck.

It must be nice to have that kind of money to waste on a waste of money! (Got that?)
Bonzi' likes to over-hype themselves. The quality isn't all that hot for what you spend. The BZX-4 motors aren't that hot for what you pay the extra money for. You can get better ones cheaper.
It also helps if you know what you're doing. Do either of you have any experince with twin-engined gas or nitro boats? I don't know you and you probably don't know me so this is why I ask this question. Twins are they say, 3 times the trouble.
Sorry about questioning your experience but when I see someone asking about a boat and especially ones in that price range I worry about how much time you have under your belt.
I may be fairly new to this site but I do have a lot of experience (back to RC boats since 1996) and I still won't touch twin-engined anything with a 10-foot pole.

My dad has been doing the whole rc boating since 2000, I trust he knows whats he is doing. Me my self i just got a traxxas spartan, and thats as far into the boating world I'm in. Now one of our freinds had a boat with simaler specs but he has twin single motors and we have used it and do like the qaulity, but i like your input it will help weather or not i give him my half of the money thats why i posted this.

My dad has been doing the whole rc boating since 2000, I trust he knows whats he is doing. Me my self i just got a traxxas spartan, and thats as far into the boating world I'm in. Now one of our freinds had a boat with simaler specs but he has twin single motors and we have used it and do like the qaulity, but i like your input it will help weather or not i give him my half of the money thats why i posted this.

Its a good boat twins aren't that bad. Gas is a lot easier to tune than nitro i would just go with your dad on this one. Sure its a lot of money its hard to put a price on fun. I don't think its a bad buy i've been in the hobby 41yrs i know a couple things about it. I would say different if i thought you were wasting your money.There are good and bad to anything you get your never gona find anything thats perfect.:D

Yeah told my dad today I wish i could but i decided to keep my money, so i can keep the rc's i have running and thinking about a new one that is alot cheaper than that boat lol, i will stick with my spartan, it will beet that anyways. Check for a new thread in eletric for my cheaper but yet more expensive rc I'm want to get. Oh and my dad says thanks for the input sounds like he is going to get it and we will work through the kinks or problems if their are any!

One big thing that you have to watch out for on twin engined, twin drive mono's is that if you take turns too sharply you can over-rev one engine with expensive results.
If you want to go big then instead of twin engines I'd look as an inline twin like the RCMK 520 then use a single drive. Dual carbs to tune and sync just seem like a royal pain in the wazoo to me, the #1 reason on my list why to stay away from them. I had a dual-carbed dune buggy and that was enough hassle.