Big Foot

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BackTalk

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
This is one of my older ones. Has 4 wheel steering. Just wanted to share a picture.
DSCF2366.gif

Is that a Clod with a Blackfoot body?

Hmm.Not a crawler guy but I have always liked that articulation and detail. tamiya has always held that type of quality IMO.

Thanks for the clarification.

Stock Clods have almost no articulation at all, but it's still a classic.

I have one of those original Clod hard bodys ImBroken hooked me up with when I started my first crawler project. I have slowly been restoring it and getting it ready for some fresh paint. But man would I love to find a bow tie grille and tailgate for mine.

It is a Clod Buster. I understand Tamiya came out with a Super Clod Buster in 2000. I have had mine since 1979 or 80, can't remember. The thing is a ball to run after a crazy day with the nitro stuff. I guess top end is around 10 mph but I like to lock it in low range and see just what can stop it. It takes a football field to turn the thing so it's good it has reverse.
B/T

The super clod had a different blower on the hood, the grill and tailgate said 4x4x4 where the second version had nothing at all on the grill and tailgate and the first version had a bow tie emblem on the grill and Cheverolet on the tailgate. All the red parts on the super clod were blue as well.

Heres the Clod I just got from my brother last week. Only I plan on tearing it down just for the axles and rims and tires and building a custom tube chassis crawler. It did not have the original hard body with it unfortunately though.

IMG_5962.jpg

The super clod had a different blower on the hood, the grill and tailgate said 4x4x4 where the second version had nothing at all on the grill and tailgate and the first version had a bow tie emblem on the grill and Cheverolet on the tailgate. All the red parts on the super clod were blue as well.

Heres the Clod I just got from my brother last week. Only I plan on tearing it down just for the axles and rims and tires and building a custom tube chassis crawler. It did not have the original hard body with it unfortunately though.

IMG_5962.jpg
I see the difference between the two now. I have the 1st version. It's the 76 Chev body.

Does the Super have the two 540 motors or did they up grade them?

Thats not a stock body on mine, its some piece of crap lexan body that someone put on the truck before my brother got it. A clod hard body from all three clods are basically the same other than the grill and tailgate.

Heres how my stock body looked when I got it, pretty damn ugly. I have since sanded it all down, filled all the holes, and just about have it ready for some paint. Notice how my grill has nothing on it, this is a second generation body, I wish it had the bow tie.

Clodbody1.jpg

I also plan on adding a muscle machine blower to it to replace the stock blower. I am not sure if the 1/18 blower is too big, I may need to try and find a 1/24 blower. But I am pretty sure muscle machines have been discontinued.

Clodbody5.gif