better basher? aftershock or lst2? or savage X?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heff733

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys, i`m new here been in the nitro thing for awhile,.
anyway i just sold my revo 3.3 that had the rb523 kit all rpm arms and axel carriers... seemed to always let me down when bashing w/ bone stock aftershocks w/ tuned pipe..

i`ve been looking for an 1/8th scale monster, that can take a pounding,
been reading alot about the savage x suposed to be tough
but havent ran one myself, i`ve read alot on the lst2 but again never ran one.. i`ve ran the aftershock it seemed pretty good, not sure how it would hold up tho, ant help is appriciated! Jason

the savage X is definatelky your basher, and if you get the 4.6 it is also a very good racer!!!

the aftershock is good when you get all the rpm for it and aluminum chassis rails...

the lst2 is good for racing and a small bit of bashing just wouldnt go too hard on it!

overall the savage or the lst2 would be your best bet!

i have an aftershock and did rpm arms,tunned pipe,lst2 conversion,lst2 shocks,roll cage and lots of little things and i love it i have not broke anything major and i run it very hard.

If you want to run into walls, barrel roll at wot, and go fast in a straight line the Savage one of the toughest around, anyone that has owned one will agree. But don't be fooled, Savages do break, and IMO the X chassis is not as strong as the older chassis.

If you want tough fast and something that handles well get the Losi. The LST2 is the cream of the crop for Losi but if you shop smart you can turn the Aftershock into an LST2 for less money. The Aftershock can be bought for $320.00 at amainhobbies.com , if you have their discount code shipping it's like getting free shipping.

Last edited:
I have the aftershock and love it. I am about to upgrade my engine to the LRP .28. The stock motor has plenty of power, but i want more. as always.

For the thoughness, i would got Savage...and its not cuz i have two...lol

well my buddy has the savage and i have the lst2 all we do is bash and there both great trucks the lst2 is alittle easier to work on :)

Also +1 with the aftershock. A couple buddies of mine run LST2's and they are just as capable as my aftershock, but theirs break more frequently due to not upgrading the arms.

I have a lot of upgrades on my aftershock, but very few of them wouldn't have been done if it was an LST2.

The quick list: Arms, rollbar, skids, wheels, hubs, tires, shocks, 2-speed, engine brace, pipe, fuel tank, brake disk, 14mm al hubs.

If it were an LST2, I wouldn't have done the shocks, two speed and fuel tank, but I would have done an FOC to dump reverse and everything else.

My buddies bust arms like water, front axle carriers and an occasional chassis rail. I break only chassis rails now... hopefully my pan skid tieing the front to center will help with that this year.

well i picked up a aftershock tonight, u would think losi would install the battery tray, haha oh well. i got one tank ran tonight BREAK IN SUCKS@!

My battery holder was installed on mine... the thing that holds a flat receiver pack under the chassis below the engine/fuel tank.

I plan to do a battery mod where I use a hump pack or LiPo, and have it mounted at the base of the shock front tower or since I have no reverse, mount it on the chassis on top. Zip Tie and velcro the thing down.

well i picked up a aftershock tonight, u would think losi would install the battery tray, haha oh well. i got one tank ran tonight BREAK IN SUCKS@!

when i got my aftershock the rechargeable battery box under the chassis was missing called losi and they sent me one i had it in 3 days.

well i picked up a aftershock tonight

Congrats on the new ride! Once your done with the break in buy yourself a pipe for that bad boy...you will be amazed at the difference it will make! If you want something cheap look at the Savage pipe, you can buy one on eBay for $30.00 or less.

you will love the aftershock its a great mt.like smaxxin said get a pipe and it makes a huge difference.also a motor saver air filter,rpm arms,roll cage,sway bar kit,lst2 upgrade kit....i did all this little by little and my next purchase WILL BE THE LRP ENGINE.well have fun and break it in and let the fun begin

a response to jon2

i have an idea for your custom pack to run a hump or lipo!
use velcro to hold it to the top of the reciever box, that way you have no wire limitations, it is not in the way of something else, and it has less chance of damage if you get a hard impact and the bumper knocks up your battery and breaks a cell in the lipo or a bar in the hump!!!

also this is a bit risky but there is space right under the fuel tank for a lipo also...