Bags for transporting your rc's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Good looking bag. I've never bought or used any bag. I just throw whatever rigs I am using for the day in the back of the truck.

I stuff my Typhon 3s into a backpack, I remove the wing and wheels then I can fit it in. I would just find the largest backpack possible or get a duffle bag.

I can’t bring myself to spend three times the amount of money or more on a purpose built “rc bag.” I‘d go to Wallie World and buy a $20.00 duffel bag. Not that those other ones aren’t cool, but…a cheap nylon duffel is the same thing for a whole lot less.

After 5 years my Integy suitcase that I use to transport my rc's gave up on me. And I think it is time for me to upgrade. I was looking on amazon and here is one that i found. Apex RC Products 1/10-1/8 Car Truck Buggy Hauler Travel Carry Bag #9900 Tell me if this is a good bag and what you use. I just use mine to carry my rc stuff to my LHS.
It has great reviews, and one even mentions stuffing a Maxx in there with lots of spare parts. It also mentions the stitching is quite good. So I'd say it's probably a decent bag. The price isn't terrible either for the amount of space and storage options it has. If I were looking to buy one, that Apex bag would probably be the one I'd get.

I recommend an ammo can—for batteries. Stores 6 of my 6700 batteries and 4 of my 5000 batteries easily, doesn’t wear out, and fire-resistant (for lipo batteries).

My trucks are too big for a bag, so I put them in my truck.

Attachments

• 11D455D7-551A-470C-81BE-EDEE83E2D85F.jpeg
    11D455D7-551A-470C-81BE-EDEE83E2D85F.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Inexpensive, will never wear out, lots of space, and you can carry on your back.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to All!

Attachments

• 363792F5-185C-44EB-9C5D-BBCAF7CC20BB.jpeg
    363792F5-185C-44EB-9C5D-BBCAF7CC20BB.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 53
Sorry for this post, but…y’all are overthinking the sh*t out of this. Next, I’ll be reading about $3K Hermes, YSL, Coach (or God forbid, Louis Vuitton) bags to carry your toys. Pretty sure you can figure this crap out without spending $$$ on “properly configured” specific purpose RC bags.
So, hear me out…once upon a time, some dude(s) with more ambition than me subscribed to a few RC forums and said, “holy smoke, these guys are obsessed and we can milk the living sh*t out of them for a properly marketed line of “RC hauling bags” for seven times the price! And yup, they were right! I applaud you all for putting their kids through college with your superlative shopping choices, but good God, man…. I gotta go with a WTF on this one. Yeah, a couple of them are pretty cool, but…. I’m going to WalMart and buying another $20.00 nylon duffel bag. And I don’t need the “hobby specific tool organizer section” because I already bought a couple $4.00 plastic organizer trays from them awhile back. Y’all gotta check yourselves. Just MHO. I’m loving the previously mentioned Hefty bag option.

Back