Australians Unite

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REVO-5309

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey, just wondering how many australians there are here. (also for admins could be start up a section for diff countries or would that make things too out there?)

I'm in brissy and wondering if theres anyone on this site that do much bashing?

*waves aussie flag*

I dont think are too many of us on here man. It seems all the other ozzie bashers would rather use Ausrc.

I'm not austrailian but I can sound like one if that will make you guys feel more comfortable....lets see *musters best aussie accent*

"She'll be right matey!"
"Crikey! I went out last night drinkin piss with me mates and now I feel like a dogs breakfast!"
"I was flat out like a lizard drinkin' mate!"
"Fits like a bum in a bucket!"
"He couldnt find his arse with both hands even if his fingers were flashlights"

and I know for a fact that no real Australian would drink an American beer.

How am I fitting in so far mate? I might be off as a bucket of prawns in the hot sun but I'm better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick! :p

Hey man i have always wanted to visit Australia. The people there seem to be so laid back and cheerful. Plus you guys gave us great films like MAD MAX I freakin love that movie!

+1 more. And just wanted to say g'day to all. Thanks guy's

i'm from this so called "Australia" place :p
i live in a town called Bathurst, all the aussies should know it but maybe some of the international people have heard of it as well, we have an awesome race track, Mount Panorama, it's also heaps good for rc racing and drifting when it's a quiet day with not many cars around.

I'm not austrailian but I can sound like one if that will make you guys feel more comfortable....lets see *musters best aussie accent*

"She'll be right matey!"
"Crikey! I went out last night drinkin piss with me mates and now I feel like a dogs breakfast!"
"I was flat out like a lizard drinkin' mate!"
"Fits like a bum in a bucket!"
"He couldnt find his arse with both hands even if his fingers were flashlights"

and I know for a fact that no real Australian would drink an American beer.

How am I fitting in so far mate? I might be off as a bucket of prawns in the hot sun but I'm better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick! :p

G'day, mates. Put another shrimp on the barby for ya?

:hehe: LOLOLOLOL. Yeah 10-4 mate. Fair dinkum...

Some aussies are willing to drink Millers. They are the ones that get kicked out of bars. :p:
Although, Budweiser is a really good seller here. :) We more favour our own stuff, or European.

Burbon on the other hand... Jack Daniels for FTW!!! :first_place:

hahahaha. yeh iv been to bathurst. went there for a weekend to watch a v8 supercar race.

and yeh only thing american i drink is wild turkey american honey. omg that is the best bourbon iv ever had.

and as for beer, tooheys new, corona, hahn superdry. stuff like that :p

maybe i should go check out lakeside to see if i can take revo out there :p as thats the closest track to me :p na stuff the revo ill take my ute out there. you guys in america know of out holden utes? mines the black one next to my dads VE SS

63077_444486182104_725147104_5578585_3104973_n.jpg

Never been to Bathurst. I've been planning for the past 5 years, but it never happens. I mostly wanna go now, so I can leave a message on Skyline.

Good ol' Bathurst, where Ford and Holdens fans come together for a fist-fight. Somewhere in the middle, when the Medics come in.... a race breaks out.

Nice ride man. I do believe I see a Storm badge! YES MATE!! Done any mods to it? Just so the Americans know. 'Storm' is an Aboriginie word. It means 'Epic Skids'. :hehe:

I think we need to export our HSVs and FPVs over to the US. I reckon they'd love em.

After all, thats where all our remaining XB coupes went. IE Mad Max.
Theres a history lesson for cwal1774... umm, you probably know this but:

The Interceptor was just a modified `73 Ford Falcon XB coupe (sexiest car ever made IMO):

hrdp_0704_02_z+1973_XB_ford_falcon_coupe+speeding_down_the_track.jpg

Further more to that: The car above is actually Eric Bana's own XB Coupe.

yeh, erics car is great. have u seen love the beast?

and the ute hasnt got too many mods. motor is stock v6 :( has HD clutch and solid Flywheel. all suspension is after market and 255 on rear and 235 on front. handles very well around corners for a ute. doesn't jump out and more u push it the more it holds in the rear due to the camber :p fronts understeer a bit but thats cuz there poop tyres

---------- Post added at 8:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:47 PM ----------

oh and storm... :) its basically everything u can possibly get factory except the v8 :( air bags in the rear suspension, blue tooth, electric everything, hard cover... and mine has a nice little 12" behind my seat :p

I have Love The beast on DVD. I've only watched it once though. I'm afraid if I watch it again, ill stop liking it. lol. Such a shame what happended. Apparently he intends on a re-build.

I believe you on the handling.
I've always been a believer of a VY's handling capabilities. The VY was essentially the pinnacle of Holden's suspension development, before they started heavily relying on electronic aids. It can only get better from there. Upgrade the shocks, springs, bushes and swaybars, and it'll handle like its on rails.

hmmm 12's sound as treat in ute cabins.

So a Storm is basically like a Calais ute?
Lol I have no idea obviously. I'm a Ford man.
I know Holden mechanicals, just not anything else. :p

Going back to alcohol. Ill also agree with you on the American Honey. I usually save it for the odd occasions though... cause its so awesome. I usually drink it on the rocks.

yeh basically a calai. the thunder is the v8 version. if you get the s2 it has the 6L in it :)

and everything has been upgraded in terms of suspension :)

iv watched love the best about 3 times. and he has already started rebuilding the falcon

Yes RevoJoe I know all about the Interceptor. I have been obsessed with that car since I was 10 years old when I saw the movie for the first time. Actualy I saw the sequel MAD MAX 2 (The Road Warrior) as it's called here in the states. I didn't see the first film until a couple years later and it was the american dubbed version. I have all the films on dvd and I must say the original Aussie version is much better. I wish they hadn't made the third one Tina Turner just ruined it for me. I've been trying to get my hands on a KZ1000 for years and build either a Goose or Toecutter cafe bike. The Falcon on the other hand will be a lot more difficult to obtain but I agree it its one of the sexiest cars ever made an god bless your county for making it. I have both the 1/24 scale plastic model and the 1/18 scale die cast version of it. So i guess I will have to settle for them for now.

The guys I used to know said American beer tasted like 'roo piss. Wouldnt touch the stuff lol

'roo piss is kind of nasty, but then again after being in the desert for a couple of months anything cold is good.

Now that I think about it a work shop up the road from work has an exact replica. Blower with same scoop, side pipes and same kit. He drove it down the drive way just after the exhaust got put on. It was so hot

Back