Applying Stickers?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bird

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Can any one tell me how to put out side stickers on my monster truck.
I have heard using some soapy water will let you move the sticker around to position it. What kind of liquid.

most stickers that come with a kit are ready to be put on. Just trim and position them the way you want. I use the end off my blade then slowly flatten it down.

Carefully cut out the decals you select from the decal sheet using scissors. Decals may include headlights, windows, grill, racing stripes, logos, etc.

Prepare the area where you'll be applying the decal by spraying it with a solution of water and a few drops of dishwashing soap.

Peel the backing off the first decal and position the decal where you want it to go. The slippery soap-and-water solution permits you move the decal around on the plastic surface, straightening and making slight adjustments to the positioning.

Once the decal is positioned just as you want it, gently blot it with a paper towel to remove the excess solution. Gently squeeze out any bubbles that may have gotten trapped beneath the decal. The decal should bond to the surface as it dries.

Imbroken's way is much better than mine.He is a professional

I use ImBrokens method. You can also use a NON-AMMONIA based window cleaner rather than soapy water, like Glass Plus.

ImBroken said:
Carefully cut out the decals you select from the decal sheet using scissors. Decals may include headlights, windows, grill, racing stripes, logos, etc.

Prepare the area where you'll be applying the decal by spraying it with a solution of water and a few drops of dishwashing soap.

Peel the backing off the first decal and position the decal where you want it to go. The slippery soap-and-water solution permits you move the decal around on the plastic surface, straightening and making slight adjustments to the positioning.

Once the decal is positioned just as you want it, gently blot it with a paper towel to remove the excess solution. Gently squeeze out any bubbles that may have gotten trapped beneath the decal. The decal should bond to the surface as it dries.

This post should be a sticky post

NCNitro said:
I use ImBrokens method. You can also use a NON-AMMONIA based window cleaner rather than soapy water, like Glass Plus.

Bingo!
Thats what I use. Works great.

decals aka stickers

Any tips on how to apply stickers ... aka "carbon fiber parma decals" on the inside?
I'm trying to use them in a paint skeem and want to try to not put them on the outside.:ponder2:

ImBroken is 100% right.

I used to work for a sign mob putting stickers on Cars, Signs and Shop windows. We always used a diluted Dishwashing Liquid in a spray bottle. This would enable us to get the best position for the sticker and also remove any air bubbles before the sticker set.

Remember the more Dishashing Liquid used in your mix the longer it will take to dry (set). So the sticker can be bumped and moved easily by mistake.

Back