Anybody running a Kyosho Fo-XX Nitro.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVNed

Vroom Vroom
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am intrested in your opinion of it. I am seriously considering it as my next purchase.

No, but have seen a few vids of it on youtube. Looks like a fun rig, just wish someone like HPI or traxxas made it so parts/upgrades would be more prominent. Reminds me of the old mad force, just more compact.

Huh, appears the e-version has chain drive. Nitro does too, and is an external 3 speed. Neat. Although, probably puts a lot of side load on the end of that which would make it likely to tear up the 1st gear spur. Surprised they didn't figure out something to brace that... extend it 1/4" then put a dual bearing pressing from the side to keep it from flexing...

Still kind of cool to look at.

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/18-4WD-Nitro-FO-XX-24-GHz_p_23292.html
31288B%20Engine%20Detail.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have the money, and haven't considered one but they do look real nice...

With phones these days, shouldn't be too hard. I remember my first vids... with a camera that was 25fps 320x320 resolution... so grainy... still liked making them. Eventually upgraded to a better camera, still, it pales in comparison to what my stupid phone does now. lol

I hate pull starts but it took right off. Problems. There is no clunk in the tank. If you flip it it screams and dies. 1st glo plug is toast.
Got more glow plugs
It is very light and fast. The carb seems dead on from the factory. Even the Idle. Ran 2 tanks and changed out the carb air restrictor. I may change it back. Way more mid throttle control. With the larger one the front comes up instantly.

Nice! I'd love to have a yard like that! You weren't kidding about being nose light