Another computer build.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww my image is gone!!

I ended up with this build:

Intel i7-3770 (ivy bridge)
ASrock Z77 Extreme4-M
32GB G.Skil RAM (4x8GB)
Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Samsung 1.5TB HDD
Asus Blu-Ray player / DVD-R burner
XFX Radeon HD 5770 video (carried over from old pc)
Corsaid H70 core cpu cooler
OCZ 650watt modular PSU
Fractal Design Arc Mini case

I already knew SSD was fast as I've got a Samsung 830 128GB SSD in my laptop I use to store virtual machines and they perform very well. But after installing this new SSD in my new PC, I am now booting from it and all I can say is WOW. It's stupid fast. Push the power button and I'm in Windows in 10 seconds.

My old desktop was to cluttered... so after the new build I cleaned it up a bit. ;)

desktop.png

Right click.
Do you mean that you go through Programs every time you want to open one?
If I use it regularly, there's a desktop icon for it.

By the way, your desktop looks cluttered with that writing on it. Should be nothing but Octopus. :D

There are four programs I use the most, all four are in the task bar next to the start button. Firefox, Vmware Workstation 8, Evernote, and KeePass.

The rest are either on the most recent programs under Start and then the final place for programs I don't use as often then I do have to go to Start > All Programs.

I like my desktop clean as well Woodie.

ScreenShot2012-06-03at083832.jpg

Not bad. Do all mac's have the system tray at the bottom like that? I've been thinking about creating a virtual mac machine just haven't done it yet.

You can hide the dock or put it at one of the sides, but yes.

Back