Acquired a new project.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooky78

RCNT Window Licker
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So, a friend of mine called me up the other day to work on some stuff for him because he's a truck driver and doesn't have time, and was at the point we all get to with life sometimes. Long story short I'm acquiring a couple new projects. The Revo 3.3 that's complete was pretty well gummed up, but after some cleaning I git it up and running to realize the reciever battery wasn't holding much charge. I cycled it a few times today, so maybe that'll help.
The basket case was also a 3.3, and I have a spare engine that came with it, but it may end up being converted to electric.
I've never had a big Revo, so @olds97_lss helped me out with some stuff before I made a decision on whether to get it. I'll try to keep up on the project here, and any thoughts are appreciated. I'm already planning RPM arms and a Tru-Track for the rear.
20160328_145752.jpg
20160328_145805.jpg
20160328_145901.jpg
20160328_145909.jpg

Lol, @olds97_lss yeah I have a small fleet. This brings it to 5 complete and 3 partial. I think...

Ugh. Rain rain and more rain. Well, I got the EZ-start off and put the pull start on, figured out for sure they are indeed both 3.3 chassis, air sealed both engines, and cleaned the air filter since I haven't gotten the call to return to work yet. I was hoping to see if the reciever battery did any better, but not with the weather and my little guy feeling rough.
Any of you guys running lipo reciever batteries? I'm planning a new 3PRKA this year, hopefully, and I've been looking at the BECs.

Look at LiFE cell instead. It doesn't need a voltage regulator like the LiPo (3.3 v per cell vs. 3.7 volts nominal).

Thanks hamz I'll look at that. I was looking at prices, and it's like "why not spend $3 more"

The other advantage you have with the LiFE batteries is that they don't explode just for the sake of causing mayhem. They don't require any special care and feeding like the LiPo batts.

Awesome!

I had the battery for my mini revo out today and it fits in the tray, and is 2200 as opposed to 1600. That's what got me thinking. Lol

Hmm. The ones I have for my mERV are only 1200mAH. I guess that's par for the course with a 3s vs 2s. lol

I traded my 3s off. I got some in the garage I think. I'm thinking the Traxxas ones were 1400. I dunno. This is a venom. Maybe it's 2000mah. Either way it's better than the nimh. Lol

figured out for sure they are indeed both 3.3 chassis
Didn't believe me? ;)

I've always ran NiMH in everything. For many years, I would figure a way to mount a 5xAA 2600mah pack on my trucks. But over the past 5 or so years, I just buy as high capacity 2/3A packs as I can (1600-1800mah) and they last me all day without issue.

Oh I believe you. But as often as I make mistakes... lol

I've decided a new glow igniter is on the shopping list. Never thought to check it. Lesson learned.
1459535020399-776326975.jpg

Let me guess, you're the type that likes to hand start prop planes?

Never had a plane. The original Idea was to shed some weight off of an already well worn suspension. I always thought I'd hate pull start, but the HPI roto start changed my mind. Lol.

The traxxas one is fairly convenient what with the belt clip, and only needing the wand, but I had a nitro slash for a short time and the pull start worked well on it.

Also, I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but what's the general consensus around here concerning reverse?

Back