27mhz vs 75 mhz

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unccpathfinder

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys

R/C's are also my intro to radio's...I'm assuming a 75mhz bandwidth is going to be better than the 27mhz but I'm not really sure why...

I know my receiver and controller have to be the same freq. but I found some cheap radio/receivers/crystals (traxxas) and right now 2 of the 3 controllers I have are busted and the working 1 kinda sucks

I have a stampede that needs some work which I want to change out the radio b/c it's not acting right so I dont want to take any chances but didnt know the difference in 27 and 75...

I also searched and didnt come up with much if someone has a link I can read up on I will gladly do that
Thanks in advance

If you want to upgrade... look into the FM side at least.

The 75MHz FM side has 30 channels to choose from wheras, the 27MHz FM side has only 6 channels.

If you stick with AM, range can be a problem since it is so susceptible to interference.

GO FM man and on the 75MHz side.

yea...i found a good wikipedia ref...I'll see if i can't find and post it when I get home...Right now I have 2 recievers and 2 transmitters that are 75 but the trans are kinda old and crappy so I got a pretty cheap buy on a 27MHz transmitter, receiver and crystals.

I may also get a Futuba trans, rec, servo, and crystals this weekend but the FM will have to wait till later down the road i think